Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only know her name, been too shy to ask her anything else. She doesn't wear a ring, she always works at the express checkout (5 items or less, so she's fairly "distant" from the other shop workers etc).

I dunno what to do, to I dunno: well, build up to asking her out

ReputationRep:
    Pretty girls in retail get asked out a lot I guess. They probably begin to see it as an occupational hazard plus you've know idea if she's single. I would at least try to flirt a bit and introduce yourself to judge interest before asking her out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Pretty girls in retail get asked out a lot I guess. They probably begin to see it as an occupational hazard plus you've know idea if she's single. I would at least try to flirt a bit and introduce yourself to judge interest before asking her out.
    Sounds a solid idea ma man thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiu)
    I only know her name, been too shy to ask her anything else. She doesn't wear a ring, she always works at the express checkout (5 items or less, so she's fairly "distant" from the other shop workers etc).

I dunno what to do, to I dunno: well, build up to asking her out
    I think this is beautiful but if you're going to ask her out, do it not while she's on the job. As far as asking you've nothing atall to lose. She sees 100s of people everyday and surely has either been flirted with/flirted back harmlessly or has learnt to separate work from that and might just see any thing you say to her as friendliness. I recognise all the people at checkout and they recognise me, and we chat and I chat with the girls and back and then take my bags and go. If you actually flirt with her while she rings up your apples it'll be embarrassing.

Unless you hand her your bank card with your phone number on a piece of paper. Smile at her and maybe a cheeky wink and say see you later. See what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I think this is beautiful but if you're going to ask her out, do it not while she's on the job. As far as asking you've nothing atall to lose. She sees 100s of people everyday and surely has either been flirted with/flirted back harmlessly or has learnt to separate work from that and might just see any thing you say to her as friendliness. I recognise all the people at checkout and they recognise me, and we chat and I chat with the girls and back and then take my bags and go. If you actually flirt with her while she rings up your apples it'll be embarrassing.

Unless you hand her your bank card with your phone number on a piece of paper. Smile at her and maybe a cheeky wink and say see you later. See what happens.
    Not trying to be awkward seriously

But you say:

"do it not while she's on the job."

But where else will I ask her....? Can you maybe clarify/explain that for me?

Its not beautiful, just a troll hoping for someone to maybe come brighten the bridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiu)
    Not trying to be awkward seriously

But you say:

"do it not while she's on the job."

But where else will I ask her....? Can you maybe clarify/explain that for me?

Its not beautiful, just a troll hoping for someone to maybe come brighten the bridge
    I already wrote you can slip her your digits while you slip her the bank card if you have one
    And if you don't wanna do that then chat her up like a stray drunk while she cordially ignores you, slams the cash register closed, and hands you your change and yells "next!"
    Or of course wait for her to finish her shift...which is creepy.
    So I'd go for slipping her the digits and small talk for beginners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I already wrote you can slip her your digits while you slip her the bank card if you have one
    And if you don't wanna do that then chat her up like a stray drunk while she cordially ignores you, slams the cash register closed, and hands you your change and yells "next!"
    Or of course wait for her to finish her shift...which is creepy.
    So I'd go for slipping her the digits and small talk for beginners.
    Genuinely made me lol there for real!

I like the slipping the paper to her, that way its not as pressured, and she isn't interested she can just ignore it

Niiiiiice

You is a mofo genius!

ReputationRep:
    Keychain go jang-a-lang, I wanna do major things
    MJ in every way, I just don't fade away
    Six upside down, it's a nine now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.