Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone watch The Man In The High Castle??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just finished the season wtaf was that ending don't tell me this show is now some sci-fi parallel universe stuff now

Anyone got any theories?? Cant find any online share ye thoughts ppl

Second season comes out at midnight!

Just finished binge-watching the whole season.
    It seems that almost no-one on TSR watches this so off I go to Reddit to compare notes. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Just finished binge-watching the whole season.
    It seems that almost no-one on TSR watches this so off I go to Reddit to compare notes. :laugh:
    Been thinking about watching this. Recommended?

(Original post by hellodave5)
    Been thinking about watching this. Recommended?
    Definitely! I really enjoyed it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I really enjoyed it. :yep:
    Will give it a go. Cheers
    Finally found something new to binge watch!

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Season 2 tonight. Superb!

ReputationRep:
    I've also just finished series two & I'd say I enjoyed it even more than the first one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't want to watch it till I fully understand the book.

I watched the first episode before a friend purchased the book for me and it was really good.

I noticed that the first episode is slightly different from what happens in the book.

Oh well.

(Original post by Defraction)
    I don't want to watch it till I fully understand the book.

I watched the first episode before a friend purchased the book for me and it was really good.

I noticed that the first episode is slightly different from what happens in the book.

Oh well.
    The TV series is only loosely based on the novel - much more loosely than the Harry Potter films are to the Potter books. It's not a novel simply transposed onto the screen, so the conventional rules of reading the book first don't really apply.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The TV series is only loosely based on the novel - much more loosely than the Harry Potter films are to the Potter books. It's not a novel simply transposed onto the screen, so the conventional rules of reading the book first don't really apply.
    The book is quite difficult to understand. I read a couple of pages of the book last year and I had to read those pages three times to understand what exactly was going on.

I will embark on the journey to read the novel once again. The TV show is amazing but I just have to read the novel first.

Btw, what do you rate season 1 and season 2? Also, what season do you find to be better and why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.