Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions about the Manchester life science foundation year What are the people like on the foundation year ie are many international students? Also who did you move in with in the second year were they people from the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dont)
    I have a few questions about the Manchester life science foundation year What are the people like on the foundation year ie are many international students? Also who did you move in with in the second year were they people from the course?
    I know a few people who did the physics foundation year.

As far as I know, most were UK students. As you can live in halls during your foundation year and join societies etc., you will make friends outside of your course. The foundation year students I knew moved into second year houses with people they met in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    I know a few people who did the physics foundation year.

As far as I know, most were UK students. As you can live in halls during your foundation year and join societies etc., you will make friends outside of your course. The foundation year students I knew moved into second year houses with people they met in halls.
    Ok thanks. so you know that the people who started on the foundation year did once the people who they were living with left seeing as hey are there for 4 years whilst the others most likely 3 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dont)
    Ok thanks. so you know that the people who started on the foundation year did once the people who they were living with left seeing as hey are there for 4 years whilst the others most likely 3 years?
    Some will have friends who are there for four years on other courses (languages, integrated masters), some will have friends who do a postgrad course, some will have friends who stay and work in the area after graduation, some will move in with people from their course, some will live with people who they know from societies, and occasionally people will move in with randomers for their fourth year.

It's really not an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Some will have friends who are there for four years on other courses (languages, integrated masters), some will have friends who do a postgrad course, some will have friends who stay and work in the area after graduation, some will move in with people from their course, some will live with people who they know from societies, and occasionally people will move in with randomers for their fourth year.

It's really not an issue
    Ah thanks. Who arranges it when you move in with randomers? Still haven't decided on my firm. can't decide between Cardiff and Manchester. I prefer the Cardiff campus and its closer to home also I wont need to do a foundation year so it will be cheaper. But Manchester offers more modules and I think ill find more of them interesting I also like the look of their field courses. Manchester also to be higher on most league tables.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.