The Student Room Group

Is it worth telling him?

I've liked a guy at uni for a while now and I have my suspicions that he might like me to. Uni will finish for summer soon and I won't see him until September so I was wondering about telling him how I feel? I was thinking that even if he wasn't interested I would have all summer to forget the embarasment if he wasn't interested but also if he was interested we still wouldn't see each other over summer so it seems like it could be pointless? I would add that I think he has liked me for about 18 months and I've liked him for most of that time too. So do you think it's worth confessing?

Scroll to see replies

Just tell me, then. Jeez.
Reply 3
Original post by RezzBerry
Just tell me, then. Jeez.

Oh man how did you guess?

Any serious responses anyone?
Original post by Anonymous
Oh man how did you guess?

Why not tell him? There seem to be no negatives of you doing so.
I see what you're saying about nothing happening over the summer, but if you leave it too late he might start liking someone else. Maybe ask him out just after exams (if you are both around) and see what happens.
Go for it!
You'll regret not doing it!
You may see him with another girl one which could have been you!
Go for it!
Reply 7
Why not tell him? There seem to be no negatives of you doing so.

I just feel like if I tell him and it is a good response there still won't be anything comes of it because obviously we won't see each other over summer. I think I'm just trying to find an excuse not to tbh.
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
I see what you're saying about nothing happening over the summer, but if you leave it too late he might start liking someone else. Maybe ask him out just after exams (if you are both around) and see what happens.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I feel I can't leave it another summer and expect him to still be interested.
Yeah that's what I was thinking but I feel I can't leave it another summer and expect him to still be interested.

You're right, so close your eyes and send the message. :rave: :rave: :rave:
I just feel like if I tell him and it is a good response there still won't be anything comes of it because obviously we won't see each other over summer. I think I'm just trying to find an excuse not to tbh.

I'm sure if you communicate online (via social media) and got along you'd be able to fix a few dates.

If you guys have a kid, can you name it after me?
I say go ahead and tell him. I did that and it worked out for me, maybe the same will happen for you.
Tell us how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :h:
I'm sure if you communicate online (via social media) and got along you'd be able to fix a few dates.

If you guys have a kid, can you name it after me?

Yeah I hope so. And defos our kid can be named after you, you were ther first to tell me to go ahead after all.
Original post by rhiifuu
I say go ahead and tell him. I did that and it worked out for me, maybe the same will happen for you.

Oh really? That gives me some hope
Oh really? That gives me some hope

Yep, just go for it. You'll regret it.

I'm in a similar situation, but I'm actually trying to get over her because our relationship isn't good for me - I'd suggest telling her and then talk over summer to build anticipation for when you see each other again (best-case scenario of course). Worst case scenario - enough time passes between then and september that you can leave it behind, so it's not far from a win-win :smile: what do you think?
Original post by rhiifuu
Yep, just go for it. You'll regret it.

I agree - wish I'd told the one I was crushin' on at the beginning really
Original post by Ridingmyego
I'm in a similar situation, but I'm actually trying to get over her because our relationship isn't good for me - I'd suggest telling her and then talk over summer to build anticipation for when you see each other again (best-case scenario of course). Worst case scenario - enough time passes between then and september that you can leave it behind, so it's not far from a win-win :smile: what do you think?

Yeah I see what you mean. If he wasn't interested then at least I would have a long time to forget the embarasment. You should tell the girl how you feel too. If I can be brave then so can you
Original post by Ridingmyego
I agree - wish I'd told the one I was crushin' on at the beginning really

Exactly, it could've panned out so differently if you had.

Quick Reply

Latest