Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Look how smug this dullard is on Good Morning Britain.

Soon as Piers remarks that patients could have died, look at her reaction beginning 3:08. Is this really someone who cares about her job and responsibilities as a doctor?

Stomach-churning. And then somehow the contract she was offered is "discriminatory towards women".

My older brother's fiancée is a junior doctor too and she has to be on strike in fear she will be called out by the mob.

This is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    Its easy to criticise them until YOU have done their job. Stop using one bias example too put them all in the same category.

Its common sense that if doctors are working long hours then there is a HIGHER risk of accidents. It does not take a genius too work that one that.

I dont think you actually watched the whole thing infact i dont think you have the slightest clue as too what she was actually saying - You just saw a Asian woman for one second acting smug and thought how the hell dare she and came on TSR to vent about a topic you know nothing about.

If there's anything I'm sick and tired of constantly seeing in the news, it's this. Honestly, why can't Hunt just change the contract to something they'll agree with and then both parties just piss off?

ReputationRep:
    Junior Doctors that's all I see in news these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Its common sense that if doctors are working long hours then there is a HIGHER risk of accidents. It does not take a genius too work that one that.
    Agreed. I think we forget that it wasn't so long ago that junior doctors used to work ridiculous hours. I had my appendix out in 1991. The doctor who admitted me had been on call for over 50 hours straight when she put my drip in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Its easy to criticise them until YOU have done their job. Stop using one bias example too put them all in the same category.

I dont think you actually watched the whole thing infact i dont think you have the slightest clue as too what she was actually saying - You just saw a Asian woman for one second acting smug and thought how the hell dare she and came on TSR to vent about a topic you know nothing about.
    She's on national TV. She has the platform to show us how the strikes are more than a bunch of fannies trying to get extra pay, and she's there shrugging her shoulders with that "what ever" kind of look when possible dead patients are mentioned.

I did watch the whole episode. I was very pleased at the young man's response. He's certainly right that these strikes are premature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    She's on national TV. She has the platform to show us how the strikes are more than a bunch of fannies trying to get extra pay, and she's there shrugging her shoulders with that "what ever" kind of look when possible dead patients are mentioned.

I did watch the whole episode. I was very pleased at the young man's response. He's certainly right that these strikes are premature.
    I doubt you did and she gave factual evidence from the contract about the issues you mentioned previously. The junior doctors are underpaid without a doubt so yes they have a right to strike over pay and secondly the majority if not all have pay as their 2nd issue with patients being the first.

I would also like to add that if you watched the whole thing you would see that she made sure her shifts were covered by consultants and ensured that there was enough of them.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TSRFT8;64487851]Its easy to criticise them until YOU have done their job. Stop using one bias example too put them all in the same category.

I dont think you actually watched the whole thing infact i dont think you have the slightest clue as too what she was actually saying - You just saw a Asian woman for one second acting smug and thought how the hell dare she and came on TSR to vent about a topic you know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

The OP never mentioned that she was Asian so why did you?

ReputationRep:
    I love how people pretend to be interested in patient safety.

Don't care that the contracts will increase the exodus of Doctors out of the NHS or that there will be more Doctors working insane hours.

Tory ***** didn't bother to show any interest years ago when budgets were being frozen across the board or when there are not enough staff in A&E departments despite record demand on services.

This is just a ploy to cut the NHS budget to make it attractive to sell off wholesale to the private sector.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.