Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Over the last 5 or 6 months my english teacher has actually given me a reason to go to school and never fails to make me happy, however she has no clue and im 99% sure she thinks that i hate her lessons from what she wrote on my most recent report.
    However at the end of the year I wanted to give her a card or small gift but I dont know if it's weird and if she would find it odd and I don't know im just worried that it will come across weirdly ( overusing the word weird oops ).
    I'm in year 9 and i dont know of anyone giving a card or gift to a teacher since primary school which was arranged by parents anyway...
    Sorry if this is kinda odd lol
    T x
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Nope, should be fine. Sometimes teachers get christmas cards and I got my A-level teachers some Japanese snacks, and for one of them, a bottle of wine
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Nope, should be fine. Sometimes teachers get christmas cards and I got my A-level teachers some Japanese snacks, and for one of them, a bottle of wine
    Nice, how were your a levels I'm planning on doing Chemistry, Physics, Maths and FM
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think that a card would be great and your teacher would really appreciate that. You could give a small gift at the end of term?

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't want to brag but when I recorded the highest percentile in taxation I gifted my teach a nice elegant pen as a token of my gratitude

ReputationRep:
    No that's lovely I'm sure she'll really appreciate it! Maybe get her a thank you card and some chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    That's not weird at all - go for it!

ReputationRep:
    That's not weird. What was weird was when I gave my teacher a gift (chocolates, a book) and a poem I had written for him in year ten. Only after giving him the gift did I realise that my poem consisted of 14 lines thus resembling a sonnet.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope he did not think anything of it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. We baked cakes and bought gift for our Maths teacher's birthday,sincr she helps us a lot outside lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all, which reminds me I need to give a gift to one of my English teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Nope. We baked cakes and bought gift for our Maths teacher's birthday,sincr she helps us a lot outside lessons.
    aw that's so nice

ReputationRep:
    A card with the first sentence written in it would be a massive compliment.
    A little bit of positive appreciation never did anyone any harm and says more about you as a person - not many people would even think about thanking their teachers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.