Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have a few a-levels, 3 dropouts at the first year of university, no history of employment and tentative references. apprenticesships won't have me, hell not even mcdonalds will have me. how do i justify complete worthlessness in society like this? im 23

ReputationRep:
    So where are you at now? Unemployed? Living at home? In debt? What qualifications do you have to your name?

ReputationRep:
    unemployed, living at home, 4 a-level, 32K of SFE debt and 6K of 'actual' debtt because the last time i dropped out was because i stupidly enrolled not knowing SFE wouldn't fund my third attempt at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noesteem)
    i have a few a-levels, 3 dropouts at the first year of university, no history of employment and tentative references. apprenticesships won't have me, hell not even mcdonalds will have me. how do i justify complete worthlessness in society like this? im 23

How about Voluntary?

Since you dropped out of uni 3 times..... I'm guessing its not for you.

Do some, Voluntary work, which will help build some skills

Get a Job at Mcdonalds, work your very hard, and carry on

become an assistant manager or supervisor and carry on working hard.

Don't give up but start off by Voluntary work - Go to a local charity or shop

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected from mcdonalds :/

i will try to take on the voluntary work advice buti dropped out of uni due to personal circumstance+my own currently untreated mental illness

i really want to believe there's something out there for me but idk i feel dead, both in the eyes of society and through my own

ReputationRep:
    If you are a girl you can live with me and ill fund your lifestyle.

If you are a guy, soz man. I dunno

ReputationRep:
    Not the end of the world. Try a full-time job in retail with a good company? They will give you the chance to work yourself up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.