The Student Room Group

Pre employment checks for FY1

If you have fitness to practice issues , which have been dealt with by GMC , is it possible that your employing health organisation may reject you ? After you are successful in securing an fy1 post - as part of pre employment checks.
Killing me ! Need response
(edited 7 years ago)
Wouldn't this depend on the exact nature of the FtP issue and the precise response by the GMC? Has your right to practice been revoked or limited by the GMC? If whatever action they took means that you're unable to fulfil the full criteria of the job role, and if you haven't yet signed a contract because this is a pre-employment check, then I don't see why they would have any obligation to take you on?

If you have not been restricted by the GMC in any way then I would be curious as to why they would not employ you.

Are you willing to share further detail?
Reply 2
Well, my registration status is intact , all gmc have said is that i should work within limits of my registration and take up a supervised training post. A warning has been issued and case closed after that . I had taken up some locum work which ofcourse as a provisionally registered doctor i should not have .

Restricted in this way that should take up foundation programme.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Make sure that you declare all this when you get the forms for the pre-employment checks. It should not be an issue as long as you are open and honest about it.
How did you manage to even get a locum post? The employing agency/hospital did not do very good checks.
Reply 4
Thanks !

Now I have been through Clinical Skills Assessment , SJT and PSA is coming up . Do not want to lose at this stage . FPAS are saying hospital can not reject you , but hospital's HR are not yet sure what to say .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending