Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    English is on Thursday and we are doing Macbeth.
    Does anyone know how to structure a key scene essay, effective opening essay or effective ending essay?
    We did a key scene essay for the prelim and I got 17/20 which is not bad but I'm not sure if I structured it correctly. I have never done any opening or ending essays so I don't know how to structure those.
    If anyone has any advice or could post notes from their teacher, that would be useful.

ReputationRep:
    The structure for all essays are the same? Considering you got 17/20, you obviously did it correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    The structure for all essays are the same? Considering you got 17/20, you obviously did it correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I mean is that if for example it was an essay about the opening then would you only do quotes from the opening or would you have quotes from later acts and say how they relate to the opening/how the opening makes them effective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ___Sophie___)
    What I mean is that if for example it was an essay about the opening then would you only do quotes from the opening or would you have quotes from later acts and say how they relate to the opening/how the opening makes them effective?
    Only quotes from the opening scene. Also, remember if a question tells to chose from a scene remember that a scene and act is not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    Only quotes from the opening scene. Also, remember if a question tells to chose from a scene remember that a scene and act is not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.