Is the Specification ALL we need to know for AQA GCSE Sciences? Watch

romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've made flashcards on the AQA specification for the GCSE sciences (every spec point). Is this all we need to know to get an A. Not too bothered about getting an A* but I' m just worried that I'm not doing enough. After learning the flashcards I obviously do past papers.
ithinkitslily
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tbh alot of people say the papers have loads of applying your knowledge questions but they don't actually have that many, and quite often they repeat them lol
so i think that is enough if your flashcards thoroughly go through the whole spec
and if you doing past papers your learning the exam technique so that's great

i pretty much did what you did last year and got an A for core science so
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ithinkitslily)
tbh alot of people say the papers have loads of applying your knowledge questions but they don't actually have that many, and quite often they repeat them lol
so i think that is enough if your flashcards thoroughly go through the whole spec
and if you doing past papers your learning the exam technique so that's great

i pretty much did what you did last year and got an A for core science so
Thanks for the reply! I hope I get an A, and doing past papers will defo help with exam technique and application questions Also, congrats on your results last year, and good luck with the rest of your exams this year
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, if you learn the specification you will be fine. Although, I think it would be more wise if you aimed for an A* so that if the exam turned out to be the most difficult paper AQA has ever produced and you do struggle, you only fall down a grade and that's to an A. If you aim for an A then it is possible you will get a B. There is no harm in aiming high .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (539)
80.21%
Leave (133)
19.79%

Watched Threads