Turn on thread page Beta

A way to memorise difficult equations...ALL SUBJECTS. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What you do is change your wifi name to the equation. I tend to have a look at my wifi on my laptop very frequently which results in the memorisation of the equation eventually. I have tried this with a couple of equations and this method proves to be an excellent one.

ReputationRep:
    or just look at it and remember it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    or just look at it and remember it
    Indeed. This is a method for those who struggle to do what you suggested.

You have to remember equations at GCSE? Just check page 2 of the exam paper. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    What you do is change your wifi name to the equation. I tend to have a look at my wifi on my laptop very frequently which results in the memorisation of the equation eventually. I have tried this with a couple of equations and this method proves to be an excellent one.
    What if your wifi isnt awful so no need to keep going into the settings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    What if your wifi isnt awful so no need to keep going into the settings
    Lol! I don't check my wifi frequently because it is awful.

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing my exams, I drew the equations on a drawing app and then set the picture as my lock screen background on my phone. I ended up viewing those equations a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    When I was doing my exams, I drew the equations on a drawing app and then set the picture as my lock screen background on my phone. I ended up viewing those equations a lot.
    I do that on my laptop. Right now it's an image that explains cloning...

ReputationRep:
    I do that on my laptop. Right now it's an image that explains cloning...
    It's a good trick, I learnt the SUVAT equations like this :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zargabaath)
    it's a good trick, i learnt the suvat equations like this :yep:
    suvat > pizza

ReputationRep:
    Be like me and remember the most useless things like almost all the equations on the data sheet in physics, i guess i'm a little lucky that i can just remember equations and stuff but then again that falls under the category of me remembering the most useless things.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    y=mx+c

It's a good trick, I learnt the SUVAT equations like this :yep:
    i just looked and remember since it was forced into me that the equations of motion were super important and were used everywhere so they were then remembered ._.

ReputationRep:
    Or, you know - understanding them and deriving them if you don't remember. I don't remember much formulae, if I need them, I'll derive them on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    suvat > pizza
    I wouldn't go that far :lol:

Although I prefer it to circular motion if that's what you mean :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i just looked and remember since it was forced into me that the equations of motion were super important and were used everywhere so they were then remembered ._.
    SUVAT equations are probably one of the most useful things I've actually learnt from college
    But yeah, if it's in one of your subjects it really does get hammered into you :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go that far :lol:

Although I prefer it to circular motion if that's what you mean :holmes:
    I LOVE SUVAT questions. Seeing them on a paper brightens up my whole life. The effect these equations have on me is inexplicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Or, you know - understanding them and deriving them if you don't remember. I don't remember much formulae, if I need them, I'll derive them on the spot.
    I can do that with chemistry...but not mathematics. For example, I can only work out the surface area of a cylinder because I know the formula, I would not be able to derive it right then.

ReputationRep:
    I can do that with chemistry...but not mathematics. For example, I can only work out the surface area of a cylinder because I know the formula, I would not be able to derive it right then.
    But once you understand why that formula is that formula, you can derive it whenever - look at this: http://www.mathopenref.com/cylinderarea.html

ReputationRep:
    SUVAT equations are probably one of the most useful things I've actually learnt from college
    But yeah, if it's in one of your subjects it really does get hammered into you :lol:
    yup mechanics maths and physics mechanics xD

Volume of cylindrical shapes such as cuboids rectangle long things and cylinders
    are
    area of cross section x length

obviously some stuff you should really know like area of a circle

which is  \pi r^2

circle diameter

\pi d

ReputationRep:
    Or you can just use the formula booklet in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Or you can just use the formula booklet in the exam
    I'm sorry. I thought it would be clear I was referring to equations that would not be provided.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.