Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Only Muslims because I want to get an accurate result
    Yes, it should be illegal
    26.50%
    No, I am a tolerant person who believes in "live and let live"
    73.50%

ReputationRep:
    A recent documentary revealed that 50% of British Muslims believe such a thing

ReputationRep:
    Channel 4? I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Channel 4? I don't.
    Mashallah brother!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say in the quran that homosexuality should be criminalized it talks about what some guess to be homosexuals being punished in the time Lut. That's the only mention of it. And that was punishment from GOD not man. In fact Lot told them to refrain from their actions but it never depicts him trying to punish them himself. I think it's between them and GOD.

ReputationRep:
    Someone votes Yes?!
    Wahabi detected. Everyone get ready
    :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    It doesn't say in the quran that homosexuality should be criminalized it talks about what some guess to be homosexuals being punished in the time Lut. That's the only mention of it. And that was punishment from GOD not man. In fact Lot told them to refrain from their actions but it never depicts him trying to punish them himself. I think it's between them and GOD.
    Lut were not punished because of just homosexuality. In the Quran it says that something like " Ya all commit blah blah that never any has committed before..blah blah"

Homosexuality has always existed so that does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Well if Muslims gonna give me irrational and stupid arguments then what can I say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    Well if Muslims gonna give me irrational and stupid arguments then what can I say
    It's all entertainment for me fam :rofl:
    The hardcore religious often make themselves look so stupid, no one else even needs to challenge them :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    We get it, you hate Islam.

Your posts are starting to get annoying. You don't present any intelligent arguments, just points that you think would cause controversy.
    I dont hate Islam. LOL
    I genuinely wanna know what the Muslim Youth thinks.

Where do you see me hating Islam. Poking fun does not mean I hate Islam. Grow up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could you add an option like "I'm not muslim but want to see the poll results" ?

ReputationRep:
    Lut were not punished because of just homosexuality. In the Quran it says that something like " Ya all commit blah blah that never any has committed before..blah blah"

Homosexuality has always existed so that does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kind of a weak way to bait an argument. Try better next time maybe.

Anyhow I don't believe it was. I said some people perceive it as being about homosexuality in men. But it doesn't do that normally in the Quran. It talks about what's right and wrong for people. Not just men. Like incest is a good example of that. So to me I never saw it that way when I was read the Quran to as a child. But I wouldn't do it because I am straight and it's easier to stay away from than risk it. But I was saying what some people perceive it to be. I think due to the influence of Christians and jews honestly. As it says outright it's wrong some muslims adopt the same beliefs and that's why the hadiths specifically say it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Could you add an option like "I'm not muslim but want to see the poll results" ?
    I dont know how to do that. give me instruction and i will do so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dude I found a link:https://islamqa.info/en/10050

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    You can just click the button that says "View poll results"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    Kind of a weak way to bait an argument. Try better next time maybe.

Anyhow I don't believe it was. I said some people perceive it as being about homosexuality in men. But it doesn't do that normally in the Quran. It talks about what's right and wrong for people. Not just men. Like incest is a good example of that. So to me I never saw it that way when I was read the Quran to as a child. But I wouldn't do it because I am straight and it's easier to stay away from than risk it. But I was saying what some people perceive it to be. I think due to the influence of Christians and jews honestly. As it says outright it's wrong some muslims adopt the same beliefs and that's why the hadiths specifically say it too.
    LOL. I am not criticizing Islam. I am just saying that this what the quote in the Quran states, so Lot were doing something in addition to homosexuality.

I respect your belief

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMA99)
    Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    3- It is not how humans were made.
    4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
    5- It is a disease and people should get treated.
    Lmao...:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMA99)
    Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    3- It is not how humans were made.
    4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
    5- It is a disease and people should get treated.
    Wrong on every point(bar the 3rd) :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao...:pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So I gave you a list of reasons why is should be criminalized and all you reply by is "LAMO..." You really sound like a well educated person.. NOT.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.