The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is still in the closet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think it would effect his career, he already partially ruined it with the whole jumping on the sofa incident
It's basically up to him who he comes out to.

Personally, I am very happy never to meet any partner's parents. They're usually as annoying as everyone else's...
Reply 22
Ah, this is always tough.
I was in exactly the same position as you a couple months ago. I felt like I/we were always treading on egg shells. He was a complete closet (no one knew he was gay). I couldn't tell any of my friends/family I was with him, I couldn't post on social media about us. It was super stressful/toxic.
It got to the point where I had to tell him to either come out of the closet or our relationship was over (I took no joy in this but it was the only option).
He actually decided to come out the closet, and it has changed our relationship the better. Everything is perfect now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Thanks for the advice i told him if he doens't come out to his parents i'm leaving and he told them.

Thanks for the help!
Instead of asking his permission to meet his parents, better ask: "When do you want me to meet your parents? Would it be this month or next? I'm excited to know them."
Reply 25
Thanks.
Original post by LN44
Thanks a lot we are just enjoying being together and i will wait.

That's good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending