What do you think of Afghans?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

40 years of war, still most are surviving, fearsome but honourable i love Afghanistan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    40 years of war, still most are surviving, fearsome but honourable i love Afghanistan
    Sure.
    I just wanted to know (if you do not mind) why go anon?

(Original post by M14B)
    Sure.
    I just wanted to know (if you do not mind) why go anon?
    complicated

ReputationRep:
    TBH when I hear the word Afghan, first thing that comes to mind is that MW2 Map xS

Pakistanis give them such a bad rep. Idk why though.

Why are you anonymous then? You should be proud if you love something.

To be honest I do not think much of people from that area of the world. I associate them with terrorism and laws that allow old men to get whipped.

ReputationRep:
    I always think good looking people

ReputationRep:
    Jalebis

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Afghanistan. Didn't like the country or the people.

ReputationRep:
    Mountain people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had an Afghan friend but I messed up our friendship by saying some controversial stuff to prove a point (not to him though) and he got offended and stopped talking to me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    I had an Afghan friend but I messed up our friendship by saying some controversial stuff to prove a point (not to him though) and he got offended and stopped talking to me :sad:
    awww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ripjonsnow)
    TBH when I hear the word Afghan, first thing that comes to mind is that MW2 Map xS
    and then you remember seeing a kill cam of my username with me screaming on the kill cam "oooooohh" after I land a trick shot on you = 720 silent no scope kill with the throwing knife trick off the tip of that plane wing on that map. :rofl: #banter #goldenages #forever #cherished :moon:

I hate getting noob tubed half way across the map. :rip: Inb4 I rage and cause host migration & game ends.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The first thing that comes to my head is terrorism sadly. But it's safe to say there are many victims there who have been at the mercy of the soviets and then an organisation created by the west, all in the spirit of war games.

I am not aware of the extremities of Islam in the country but I suspect it has a high standing so I doubt I would like the country. I have a distaste for sharia practices

They seem like nice people. One of my closest friends is half Afghan, half Pakistani, which is strange to say the least..

ReputationRep:
    They are people and they are pretty kind just because there from Afghan doesn't mean they are odd + strange

Pakistanis give them such a bad rep. Idk why though.
    For me personally I get along with Pakistani easier then any other group, and believe it or not nearly all Afghans will say this aswell, it's like the brother you hate but still talk to. I guess it's more politics then Pakistani people in general.

ReputationRep:
    Mantooo (YUMMM)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.