This discussion is closed.
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
VMXX - Motion on Speakership
I move that RayApparently do take the Chair of this House as Speaker.

(Original post by RayApparently)
QFA

NB This vote was scheduled for some point in the first week of Parliament, at the latest Monday 2nd May. I have started this vote slightly earlier than Monday, since over 90% of MPs are now in the usergroup
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1 sentence motion...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Imperion)
1 sentence motion...
Absolutely disgraceful isn't it...
SakuraCayla
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1 sentence motion...
Does it need to be any longer?

Anyway aye.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1 sentence motion...
And no proposer, clearly so unpopular that nobody is actually moving that he should take the chair.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Despite voting for him in the speakership i chose to abstain. While i have no issues with performance as such and don't object to forcing his deputy to actually do something, the fact that he's becoming almost unavailable for a month and originally wanted to push back an election somewhat makes me question the commitment and the latter was quite concerning.

As such, i don't regret my vote but neither would i regret him being replaced. He's created indifference i suppose.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I regret to say this because I've grown to like him personally but the recent month or two made me lose my confidence in Ray as the Speaker, mainly due to his clear lack of commitment. He's the first Speaker in six years who's physically available but lets the DS handle everything for extended periods of time. If we can do without him for months, why do we need him?
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Absolutely disgraceful isn't it...
Totally agree

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
Does it need to be any longer?

Anyway aye.
I mean... I came expecting something worth a read not a buncha words...

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
And no proposer, clearly so unpopular that nobody is actually moving that he should take the chair.
:laugh:
SakuraCayla
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean... I came expecting something worth a read not a buncha words...
Care to rewrite it yourself then and show us how such a simple motion, should the speaker take the chair again, be elongated
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kay_Winters)
Care to rewrite it yourself then and show us how such a simple motion, should the speaker take the chair again, be elongated
I rest my case :lol:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I rest my case :lol:
#ImperionWeCanForSpeaker
Hazzer1998
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We need a speaker that is actually preforms the duties of the speakers not just delegates duties to the deputy speaker ....and one who sends the updates on time ..
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
#ImperionWeCanForSpeaker
#Vote4Imperion2k16
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
#Vote4Imperion2k16
I will if you were to run if this Motion fails.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The fact that Ray has been relatively inactive so far doesn't, to my eyes, mean that we should vote against this motion. All absences were explained in advance, and given the stress of exams, I'm perfectly fine with him taking some time off. Furthermore, toronto has registered no dissatisfaction with the state of things, so I implore the House to give Ray at least a short time longer - I say this despite the fact that I did not vote for him in the speakership election.
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I will if you were to run if this Motion fails.
I don't know anything about being speaker and it's exam season :ninja:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know anything about being speaker and it's exam season :ninja:
Exactly... you're already doing work for exams, so it shouldn't be too hard to add a little bit extra work onto that...

If you're already doing 8 hours work a day, adding an extra 30 mins is only 6.25% extra...
If it weren't exam season, and you were doing only 1 hour work a day, an extra 30 mins would be a whole 50% extra workload...

It's perfect timing!
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Blaming exams for a lack of activity is an excuse that does not work because exams should boost activity as TSR becomes procrastination, or a break activity. During exam time I have TSR logged in all day which I check during my regular breaks, when I have free time in the evening, and I find myself spending more time on TSR. When exams are not taking place individuals tend to be out with friends, away from the house, or occupied with other hobbies, so exams make the TSR MHoC the most convenient thing to do during a revision break; Ray should have the time.
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exactly... you're already doing work for exams, so it shouldn't be too hard to add a little bit extra work onto that...

If you're already doing 8 hours work a day, adding an extra 30 mins is only 6.25% extra...
If it weren't exam season, and you were doing only 1 hour work a day, an extra 30 mins would be a whole 50% extra workload...

It's perfect timing!
It does make sense... :rofl:
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Blaming exams for a lack of activity is an excuse that does not work because exams should boost activity as TSR becomes procrastination, or a break activity. During exam time I have TSR logged in all day which I check during my regular breaks, when I have free time in the evening, and I find myself spending more time on TSR. When exams are not taking place individuals tend to be out with friends, away from the house, or occupied with other hobbies, so exams make the TSR MHoC the most convenient thing to do during a revision break; Ray should have the time.
Whut...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads