Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I guess I think that this is the best place to post this thread, so here goes...

I'm going away at the end of June for about a month and it will be 37+ Celsius every day. I'll be surrounded by other teenagers, younger kids, and a couple of adults.
    But I've got scars all down my forearms and I'm not comfortable to go around with them showing and I'm quite pale (like Twilight Bella pale) and the scars are pink so they're quite visible.

If I can get round to it, after all my revision tomorrow, I'll go to Boots and buy bio oil because I've heard some good reports about the Boots own brand so I thought I'd try it out - but it's not going to make them invisible, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I should do....

I don't want it to look like it's obvious I'm wearing long sleeves for the long sleeves...
    So does anyone have any clothing ideas/ideas in general?

Make up (e.g. concealer, foundation) hasn't worked, face paint makes them more visible, and apparently fake tan will just make them look more obvious...

Thanks in advance....

ReputationRep:
    Bio-oil generally takes months to have an effect. I'm guessing that by the fact they're still pink that they're not that old?

There's an organization called the Red Cross camouflage service that can give you a makeup that completely matches your skin tone, and they show you how to apply it. I think you may need a GP referral (not sure) but you might still have enough time before you going away?

I think they're called a "cami" (sorry I know nothing about women's fashion) those tops with thin straps - then wear an oversized long sleeved shirt on top.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Bio-oil generally takes months to have an effect. I'm guessing that by the fact they're still pink that they're not that old?

There's an organization called the Red Cross camouflage service that can give you a makeup that completely matches your skin tone, and they show you how to apply it. I think you may need a GP referral (not sure) but you might still have enough time before you going away?

I think they're called a "cami" (sorry I know nothing about women's fashion) those tops with thin straps - then wear an oversized long sleeved shirt on top.
    They're between a week and 6 months old - the oldest one's I'm not so worried about, it's more the ones from the past 4 or so months.
    The reviews I read for the one I'm planning on buying said that it had a noticeable effect in about a week.
    I don't have enough time before I go away because a)NHS referals take months and b) I've got GCSEs. And I don't really want my GP knowing...

It is called a cami - I might try that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    They should calm down by then anyway but you should keep up a moisturising regime. Bio oil or thick moisturiser because drying out due to sun etc won't help.

I've also heard that Vicks vapour rub can be good for scars especially in the stage you're at. I've not tried it though so can't fully endorse. Bio oil is okay in earlier stages but I've found it less useful later on.

You can get pretty mesh cover ups in holiday wear. They don't usually cover entire arm but the angled cut can hide a lot. Also, bracelets are a good cover up

ReputationRep:
    you can say you burn easily and therefore want to cover up a bit more, if you're pale that's probably true anyway

there are plenty of summery tops/beach cover ups which are really light thin material and still long sleeved, you could look for some...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They're between a week and 6 months old - the oldest one's I'm not so worried about, it's more the ones from the past 4 or so months.
    The reviews I read for the one I'm planning on buying said that it had a noticeable effect in about a week.
    I don't have enough time before I go away because a)NHS referals take months and b) I've got GCSEs. And I don't really want my GP knowing...

It is called a cami - I might try that, thanks
    apply the oil liberally
    ive got huge stretch marks on my legs, 3-4 inches long and 1cm wide, bright red
    they have become slightly more pale over the course of 2 months

i spend about 30 mins a day applying the oil to mine

if ur scars are fresh you must start using the oil as soon as possible, and a minimum of twice a day, if u have hairs on ur arms you should shave them off as they will absorb some of the oil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I guess I think that this is the best place to post this thread, so here goes...

I'm going away at the end of June for about a month and it will be 37+ Celsius every day. I'll be surrounded by other teenagers, younger kids, and a couple of adults.
    But I've got scars all down my forearms and I'm not comfortable to go around with them showing and I'm quite pale (like Twilight Bella pale) and the scars are pink so they're quite visible.

If I can get round to it, after all my revision tomorrow, I'll go to Boots and buy bio oil because I've heard some good reports about the Boots own brand so I thought I'd try it out - but it's not going to make them invisible, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I should do....

I don't want it to look like it's obvious I'm wearing long sleeves for the long sleeves...
    So does anyone have any clothing ideas/ideas in general?

Make up (e.g. concealer, foundation) hasn't worked, face paint makes them more visible, and apparently fake tan will just make them look more obvious...

Thanks in advance....
    Clothis wise. Wear thin shirts. Long sleve komonos, long sleeve lace tops/cardigans. And general light long sleve tops maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.