Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So basically I just submitted my application through UCAS for PGCE Secondary Maths having no classroom experience. I tried to get it, but it was a lot of hassle and i'm so busy with exams and coursework rn.

I do however have a lot of experience in teaching since I volunteer and run workshops where I teach children how to program lego robots. I also had an internship last summer where I was running sessions and again teaching children by myself and other 2 students.

Does that count as teaching experience or I will be rejected just because I didn;t have classroom experience mentioned in my statement?

ReputationRep:
    That'll probably count in your favour. It wouldn't hurt to get more classroom experience (just email/ring schools, they'll be happy to have you).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.