Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been studying for about 4 months now and there is plenty to take in.

I struggled back in school, which was many years ago now and feel that there can be a lot of improvement that can be obtained still.

There is abvice from my uni on things like note taking, essay writing, referencing and so on, but feel that it is all spread out and hard to find and go indpeth with.

How to do all become a better student?

Is there a book that covers all or some of what is needed to get better at all this?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Stella cottrell's study skills handbook is a good read for improving your studying in general and the same publisher does many other useful books too, for instance theres one on critical thinking. Do you have any particular weak areas?

(Original post by mrnace)
    I have been studying for about 4 months now and there is plenty to take in.

I struggled back in school, which was many years ago now and feel that there can be a lot of improvement that can be obtained still.

There is abvice from my uni on things like note taking, essay writing, referencing and so on, but feel that it is all spread out and hard to find and go indpeth with.

How to do all become a better student?

Is there a book that covers all or some of what is needed to get better at all this?

ReputationRep:
    I just bought 'success in academic writing,' palgrave study books. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Stella cottrell's study skills handbook is a good read for improving your studying in general and the same publisher does many other useful books too, for instance theres one on critical thinking. Do you have any particular weak areas?
    Im just wanting to improve in every area. Does this book cover everything, indepth?

From note taking, to writing, to revision etc?

Its like an all in one product I am looking for. as indepth as possible.

Thanks.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by mrnace)
    Im just wanting to improve in every area. Does this book cover everything, indepth?

From note taking, to writing, to revision etc?

Its like an all in one product I am looking for. as indepth as possible.

Thanks.
    Yes it's very comprehensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yes it's very comprehensive
    Thats good. I'll have to check it out then.

Thank you.

Are there any other suggestions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.