Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm and EU citizen and have just graduated from Dental school this year in India.
    I did my A-levels in England and came to India to do my degree. My parents still stay in England.
    I am now planning on applying for a postgraduate course in Queen Mary (MSc in Clinical Dentistry).
    I want to know , since I'm an EU citizen but have been away from UK for 5 years (except for visiting my parents and sister every year), will I still be eligible for postgraduate funding?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Unfortunately the guidelines we have so far state you must have been an ordinary resident in the EU, EEA or Switzerland for the last 3 years - so it's unlikely you would be eligible for postgraduate funding from the UK government. I'm assuming your registered address for the last 3 years has been in India? This is an excellent resource for this topic: https://www.findamasters.com/funding...ns-scheme.aspx.

However there are many other avenues of funding you could explore - like bursaries, scholarships etc. More info here: https://www.findamasters.com/funding...ing-guide.aspx

Hope this helps!
    D
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Potentially yes if you can prove you were ordinarily resident in the EEA for the 3 years preceding the start of your course. You wll need to provide SFE with evidence that your absence was just temporary. Ask on the official SFE forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Potentially yes if you can prove you were ordinarily resident in the EEA for the 3 years preceding the start of your course. You wll need to provide SFE with evidence that your absence was just temporary. Ask on the official SFE forum.
    Thank you 999tigger
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You need to give them a better idea. What connection did you keep with the EEA, whilst you were away. Bills, kept your address, the fact you always intended to return after the course etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.