Coming on too strong; is there anything you can do to fix it? Watch

o-glez
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm interested in both male and female perspectives. Has there ever been a time when you've met a guy/girl you're interested in, but maybe acted a little too keen and felt you've scared the other person. The illustrate, maybe you've met on a dating site, and told the girl/guy you really like them but felt it was too early. If so, is there anything you can do to fix it? Has anybody had a guy/girl come on too strong with them and how did it make you feel?
Hiyabecca
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by o-glez)
I'm interested in both male and female perspectives. Has there ever been a time when you've met a guy/girl you're interested in, but maybe acted a little too keen and felt you've scared the other person. The illustrate, maybe you've met on a dating site, and told the girl/guy you really like them but felt it was too early. If so, is there anything you can do to fix it? Has anybody had a guy/girl come on too strong with them and how did it make you feel?
Yes to the latter. This guy after about two weeks of knowing him began talking about how he wanted to "never let me go", and kept questioning if together we could "make this work." He then proceeded to obsessively message me even when i didn't reply etc. I felt smothered and uneasy.

Even if you really like someone, it's best to temper your feelings for a while and continue to talk to them in an general friendly manner. But, if you do happen to announce you like them too soon, it could be potentially rectified by holding off a little and going back to casual conversation with no flirting etc.
sykesorstyles
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by o-glez)
Yes, this has happened many times to me. Both receiving and giving. I think that you need to make sure you know the person fully before you should grow through all the romantic talk. But then again, if you say stuff then it isn't the end of the world! Do what you feel is right and you never know, they might feel the same way too! If you lose them, oh well. Plenty more fish in the sea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1647)
78.77%
Leave (444)
21.23%

Watched Threads