Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm and EU citizen and have just graduated from Dental school this year in India.
    I did my A-levels in England and came to India to do my degree. My parents still stay in England.
    I am now planning on applying for a postgraduate course in Queen Mary (MSc in Clinical Dentistry).
    I want to know , since I'm an EU citizen but have been away from UK for 5 years (except for visiting my parents and sister every year), will I still be eligible for postgraduate funding?

Thanks in advance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nikikallam)
    Hi,
    I'm and EU citizen and have just graduated from Dental school this year in India.
    I did my A-levels in England and came to India to do my degree. My parents still stay in England.
    I am now planning on applying for a postgraduate course in Queen Mary (MSc in Clinical Dentistry).
    I want to know , since I'm an EU citizen but have been away from UK for 5 years (except for visiting my parents and sister every year), will I still be eligible for postgraduate funding?

Thanks in advance
    If you can prove that your stay in India was solely for education purposes then you should still be classed as resident in the UK for funding purposes.

Proof includes things like: if you kept a UK bank account while you were away, if you stayed on the electoral roll, if your parents kept a room for you, if you had a student visa etc. Plus the fact that your course was 5 years and you left for that period and then returned.

It's a good idea to apply as soon as applications open in June/July - then if there are any requirements for evidence there's lots of time to get them sorted out before your course starts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.