Turn on thread page Beta

Fave Saying? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A game is not won until it has been lost. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    oh right, yeah I used to go there. where were you before hills road?
    i actually went to a school in bedford. we were still living in cambs, duno why i went all the way there though. i was young and did what my parents thought was best
    anyway, then i got into hills road and thought it would be better as i wanted a change and it was close to home.

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i actually went to a school in bedford. we were still living in cambs, duno why i went all the way there though. i was young and did what my parents thought was best
    anyway, then i got into hills road and thought it would be better as i wanted a change and it was close to home.

neha
    xxxx
    oh right, so have you finished now too? you on your gap year right? i know quite a few people at hills road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    oh right, so have you finished now too? you on your gap year right? i know quite a few people at hills road.
    correct! who do you know? i really gota start job hunting. im lazing around at home getting in peoples way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    correct! who do you know? i really gota start job hunting. im lazing around at home getting in peoples way!!
    umm....who i know you probably dunno..hills road is really big. do you know a russian fella called dimitry? hes really tall wears glasses and kinda geeky looking. talks funny. hes really clever..??

hehe getting a job is good idea, save some money. you going to uni after gap year irght? do you know what you're gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    'Thats not it!!!'

(actually its only girls that ever say that to me :confused:

(Original post by Crossack)
    'Thats not it!!!'

(actually its only girls that ever say that to me
    Would you like a diagram?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Would you like a diagram?
    is it colour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Ou ou, "how about noooooo, you crazy Dutch *******!" - that's a classic.
    "Wha!! I didnae have any corn!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in a heavy scottish accent is also a good'un

And in response to the get out comment...we also SAID that in school...though i don't go to school anymore hehehe...we halso had when someone said something dumb...."Who are you!!!!!?????"

G

ReputationRep:
    Some People hate the English. I don't, they're just ******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    what is yours?
    'sack it off' seems to be dying out.

any thoughts?
    i have quite a few, lol

i like to say dodgy alot, and "get over it" or ****

ReputationRep:
    "Dude, where's my car?"

Even though the actual film was about five years ago (and god-awful by the way) this phrase still lives on amongst my friends and I

ReputationRep:
    "and thats the hit of the whole fruit"
    "i think i'll leave right now" in will young stylely when you embarrase yourself badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    "and thats the hit of the whole fruit"
    "i think i'll leave right now" in will young stylely when you embarrase yourself badly
    which i often do! thats a good one to remember. i just say
    'on that note, il leave' and everyone just all the more confused and its even more embarasing! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I don't think the origin is known but here are some possibles...
    Advice to a child learning its letters to be careful not to mix up the handwritten lower-case letters p and q.
    Similar advice to a printer’s apprentice, for whom the backward-facing metal type letters would be especially confusing.
    Jocular, or perhaps deadly serious, advice to a barman not to confuse the letters p and q on the tally slate, on which the letters stood for the pints and quarts consumed “on tick” by the patrons.
    An abbreviation of mind your please’s and thank-you’s.
    Instructions from a French dancing master to be sure to perform the dance figures pieds and queues accurately.
    An admonishment to seamen not to soil their navy pea-jackets with their tarred queues, that is, their pigtails.
    Wow, not bad. Where'd you find all that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    you've never heard someone say sack it off? :confused:
    never!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    never!
    i actually haven't either! sounds pretty dodgy to me

I'm not sure of the precise quote but this is the general idea of it, from Austin Powers 3 "Welcome to my submarine, it's long and hard and full of seamen."

ReputationRep:
    oh I remembered another saying I like 'close but no cigar'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    oh I remembered another saying I like 'close but no cigar'
    :confused: what does that mean?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.