Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    :confused: what does that mean?
    You've never heard it? It means like, say you're trying to answer a question, and you nearly get it right, someone might say close but no cigar.
    Thats not really a good definition :| Sorta :rolleyes:

That was poor Cate, i can think of a million better saying, well, i can't...but they're out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    You've never heard it? It means like, say you're trying to answer a question, and you nearly get it right, someone might say close but no cigar.
    oooh i think i get it yeh

i almost forgot my favourite one of all time...gonna make it big n pink coz i love it so much

it's just not cricket

ReputationRep:
    oooh i think i get it yeh

i almost forgot my favourite one of all time...gonna make it big n pink coz i love it so much

it's just not cricket
    What does that mean? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Who's the best member on this board? Is it Cate? Well she's close, but she's no cigar .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    That was poor Cate, i can think of a million better saying, well, i can't...but they're out there.
    :|

:'(
    It wasn't that bad :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Who's the best member on this board? Is it Cate? Well she's close, but she's no cigar .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Just giving an example of how it could be used for TK .

ReputationRep:
    lol. it's like a piss take of cricket i think. i mean because cricket is so pants and boring, and basically rubbish, when someone does something bad, or something bad happens you can say it's just not cricket (usually with a shake of the head)
    Ah...
    cricket is not pants and boring an basically rubbish :eek: Have you ever played it?!

(Original post by Cate)
    It wasn't that bad
    Hang your head in shame, it was.

lol. it's like a piss take of cricket i think. i mean because cricket is so pants and boring, and basically rubbish, when someone does something bad, or something bad happens you can say it's just not cricket (usually with a shake of the head)
    Please refrain from insulting my favourite sport, or i'll batter you with my cricket bat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Ah...
    cricket is not pants and boring an basically rubbish :eek: Have you ever played it?!
    yes - i got hit on the head with the ball

ReputationRep:
    Hang your head in shame, it was.
    What wasn't? That saying, or my definition?

(Original post by Cate)
    What wasn't? That saying, or my definition?
    The definition was fine, it's the sayings fault.

As for the cricket injury TK has sustained, as i've mentioned before, i've been hit in a pretty bad place whilst playing it.

ReputationRep:

As for the cricket injury TK has sustained, as i've mentioned before, i've been hit in a pretty bad place hilst playing it.
    i thought that was why the boys wear a 'box'

ReputationRep:
    That's not right at all! It's just not cricket means it's not a very gentlemanly or fair thing to do - ie cheating is just not cricket. And crickets not rubbish at all. Unless you get hit in the *******s - then it's not so good

ReputationRep:

As for the cricket injury TK has sustained, as i've mentioned before, i've been hit in a pretty bad place whilst playing it.
    lol TK, I've got hit in the head so many times playing cricket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    That's not right at all! It's just not cricket means it's not a very gentlemanly or fair thing to do - ie cheating is just not cricket. And crickets not rubbish at all. Unless you get hit in the *******s - then it's not so good
    ooops

ReputationRep:
    ooo here's a good phrase : in my days a gerkhin was the height of sophistication

a bit random, but good

(Original post by Bezza)
    Unless you get hit in the *******s - then it's not so good
    I second that!

i thought that was why the boys wear a 'box'
    They're crap, and only make it worse.

(Original post by Cate)
    lol TK, I've got hit in the head so many times playing cricket
    You're lucky there's no worse place for you to be hit.

ReputationRep:
    We are the mersh

we think not

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.