Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    :|
    lol TK, I've got hit in the head so many times playing cricket
    Everything makes sense now

I almost always wear my helmet now - only been properly hit on the head by a throw when I was running though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    That's not right at all! It's just not cricket means it's not a very gentlemanly or fair thing to do - ie cheating is just not cricket. And crickets not rubbish at all. Unless you get hit in the *******s - then it's not so good
    sorry sorry sorry sorry i like to play it, but watching it is boring

(Original post by Bezza)
    I almost always wear my helmet now - only been properly hit on the head by a throw when I was running though!
    I've been smacked in the head once by a hook when i was in silly mid off once, thankfully it wasn't an actual game and it was an orange swing ball, not a proper red ball.

p.s. LOL!!! Ahmeds dancing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    sorry sorry sorry sorry i like to play it, but watching it is boring
    It's ok, I'll let you off this time. Might have to think of a forfeit though.

Ben - I'm not sure about a box making it worse, but it still f-ing hurts! The other week one of the other team got a direct hit - straight on! Not just a glancing blow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I've been smacked in the head once by a hook when i was in silly mid off once, thankfully it wasn't an actual game and it was an orange swing ball, not a proper red ball.

p.s. LOL!!! Ahmeds dancing!
    and lmfao at jason in front of the mirror haha

ReputationRep:
    **** happens.

ReputationRep:
    Owwww! That's why they only let the thick people field close Those balls are surpisingly hard though! I discovered that when I hooked one through our kitchen window :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Better than a kick in the balls .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    **** happens.
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Owwww! That's why they only let the thick people field close Those balls are surpisingly hard though! I discovered that when I hooked one through our kitchen window :rolleyes:
    Lol..best position to field...fine leg.....hardly ever have to do anything

G

(Original post by Bezza)
    Ben - I'm not sure about a box making it worse, but it still f-ing hurts! The other week one of the other team got a direct hit - straight on! Not just a glancing blow
    Thanks for calling me Ben. In my situation it made it worse i think, because the ball bounced, then rose up at the worst possible angle, and it just pushed the box up right into me....owwwww that was painful! The head on collision sounds even worse, ouch!

(Original post by Bezza)
    Owwww! That's why they only let the thick people field close Those balls are surpisingly hard though! I discovered that when I hooked one through our kitchen window
    Sometimes they seem softer than at other times, when i was hit on the head by one it was quite squidgy so i didn't get knocked out or anything, just a little bumb. I'm not thick, i just have safe hands.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they seem softer than at other times, when i was hit on the head by one it was quite squidgy so i didn't get knocked out or anything, just a little bumb. I'm not thick, i just have safe hands.
    Could've been on old ball...although i still wouldn't call them soft....

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol..best position to field...fine leg.....hardly ever have to do anything

G
    You haven't seen our keeper! It's the best place to field but you have to bowl from the other end which is the downside!

Ben - I saw you telling people to use your real name so thought I would! You can call me Nick if you like To me it seems like a stupid place to agree to field! But then some of our bowlers are so poor that anywhere off the boundary you're in danger! (I play village cricket if you're wondering why we're so crap!)

Could've been on old ball...although i still wouldn't call them soft....
    You read the bit where i said it was a swing ball not a real one, right? Maybe i just have a freakishly hard head...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    You haven't seen our keeper! It's the best place to field but you have to bowl from the other end which is the downside!

Ben - I saw you telling people to use your real name so thought I would! You can call me Nick if you like To me it seems like a stupid place to agree to field! But then some of our bowlers are so poor that anywhere off the boundary you're in danger! (I play village cricket if you're wondering why we're so crap!)
    Lol...yeh..house cricket brings back memories or poor wicket-keeping....and byes being the top scorer for the opposition

G

ReputationRep:
    You read the bit where i said it was a swing ball not a real one, right? Maybe i just have a freakishly hard head...
    Ah! Gotcha! My bad....

G

(Original post by Bezza)
    Ok then, Nick. I don't mind fielding there really, i'm usually there or at slip, i can do some spectacular diving catches one minute then drop a sitter the next though, i'm so inconsistent. I only used to play for the school then some club team for fun, though it was quite a good team, and i stopped playing for them because i didn't like being their worst bowler and batting at number 11, i was kinda worthless.

As for the school team, they kicked me off because i woke up late one time and kicked me off, and i was getting sick of cricket by then anyway so i made no effort to get back in, haven't played it in over a year now.

and byes being the top scorer for the opposition
    LOL!!!! I'd love to rep you just for that, but i'm all repped out for today.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!!! I'd love to rep you just for that, but i'm all repped out for today.
    Don't worry about it....as long as it makes you happy...

G

ReputationRep:
    As for the school team, they kicked me off because i woke up late one time and kicked me off, and i was getting sick of cricket by then anyway so i made no effort to get back in, haven't played it in over a year now.
    You should try and find some little village cricket team - you're bound to be better than some of the people in it! And if you do play badly, you'll end up in the pub anyway so it's not too bad!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.