Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Terrified of blanking and forgetting everything in exam? HELP. Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do I make sure I don't forget everything?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tealites)
    How do I make sure I don't forget everything?
    Ensure you know the content inside out firstly. Once you're actually in the exam, staying as calm as possible is so important. The more you stress, the more likely you're going to forget as you'll be getting worked up. Confidence plays a massive part, have faith in yourself and tell yourself you know what you're doing and it'll be much easier. You need to remain positive; if you've worked hard you've done all you could have best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Ensure you know the content inside out firstly. Once you're actually in the exam, staying as calm as possible is so important. The more you stress, the more likely you're going to forget as you'll be getting worked up. Confidence plays a massive part, have faith in yourself and tell yourself you know what you're doing and it'll be much easier. You need to remain positive; if you've worked hard you've done all you could have best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww this was so pleasant and reassuring to read. Thank you (Also, I love Taylor Swift too.)

ReputationRep:
    If you know the content before you go in and you mind blank in an exam, the content is still there. You need to stay calm and take a few deep breaths and just wait for a minute. Read through the exam paper and just get an understanding of what it's asking. It will come back to you eventually. The worst thing to do is to panic because it will take longer. I found it useful to start writing down key stuff, I did law, and if I thought I'd forgotten the content I would start by just writing down the name of key Acts to get in the flow of it and usually that would be enough. If you've got some key or basic facts try remembering or writing those down and usually the rest will come back to you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tealites)
    Aww this was so pleasant and reassuring to read. Thank you (Also, I love Taylor Swift too.)
    You're welcome! yay! :five:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.