Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My first exam (Religious Studies) is on the 16th May. I don't see the point of revising now for anything. There's like 15 days left!

Surely no one is in the same boat as me?

ReputationRep:
    Trust me even revising for a few days and doing past papers can help you lots!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You can do loads in 2 weeks. Youve spent nearly 2 years to get to this point a few weeks of hard work isnt going to hurt you. It just sounds liek an excuse and fiving in. take responsibility and fight for your future. At least try your best for goodness sake or get ready for resits or going through life without qualifications. You need 5 plus Maths and English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leicester City)
    My first exam (Religious Studies) is on the 16th May. I don't see the point of revising now for anything. There's like 15 days left!

Final year at university and just started studying for my modules earlier this week.

And my first exam is on 9th May. I know plenty in the same situation as me.

Go through your text book once and then just focus on practise questions and past papers.

15 days is more than enough, just get on with it.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:

I'm doing last minute revision for an exam I have in 2 days. imo some revision is always better then none and 2 weeks is a decent amount of time if you take it seriously

ReputationRep:

There is a point in revising. So man up and start revising now! For GCSE's you only need a few days of effective revision to do well. Find the quickest way in which learn information. This can be by drawing mind maps, posters, listening to videos etc. Once you have figured that out revise everything using your chosen method. At the same time do past papers and memorise the answers from the mark schemes. You are still not too late, you can do this!

ReputationRep:

Yep I'm exactly the same: i'm sitting that on the same date and haven't done any.

tbh its not hard; if youve listened in class youll get through it

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same boat i've been doing bits here and there like I do roughly 2hrs of revision a week but now i'm going to have to up the pace. All you need is God.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you think there's no point revising? 15 days of revising >>>>>> no revision at all? Common sense there. Do as much as you can and if you can selectively revise do that too.

ReputationRep:

It is definitely worth revising! Even just 5-30 minutes when you can. I'm the same, i've been putting off my revision for RE as well. The main things you have to remember are quotes and what certain Christians believe on the topic you are being asked about. It'll really help

ReputationRep:

there is ALWAYS a point to revising!

ReputationRep:
    you sound thick as hell , two weeks is plenty of time to revise LOL

ReputationRep:
    It's not that too late to revise, you still have time to revise! Trust me, just make a few notes on a topic that you find it hard. When you feel confident about all topics then go for past papers. Past papers are really important for you to know exam-style questions so just practice, practice and practice! I hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.