Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yo does anyone have any ideas for what the upcoming question 1 could be on the paper? like magazine? report? dialogue? etc...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, it's almost impossible to guess, I doubt there is a pattern. Some of my teachers went to a conference the other day and found out that it is 32 marks for a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamSp123)
    Sorry, it's almost impossible to guess, I doubt there is a pattern. Some of my teachers went to a conference the other day and found out that it is 32 marks for a C.
    Is that true? That's got me nervous now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaliG)
    Is that true? That's got me nervous now...
    32 marks for a C without coursework or your speaking and listening, for example, I got a high B on my coursework and an A on my speaking and listening so I need around 33 marks for an A. Nothing to worry about as long as your coursework is above a D.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't the grade boundaries decided by norming every-ones results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usingnamespace)
    Aren't the grade boundaries decided by norming every-ones results?
    yeah thats what they do, so it changes every year

ReputationRep:
    do you do 0500? I'm really struggling for question 2 and the third point in question 1. Any tips?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    do you do 0500? I'm really struggling for question 2 and the third point in question 1. Any tips?
    Thanks in advance
    for question two, pick out certain words or phrases and suggest what kind of imagery they offer. you dont need to over analyse like you do in literature. for example 'raven-black coat'... raven and black have connotations of evil etc.

for question 1, the 3rd point, you need to use everything you have read in the text to pick out implicit meanings of what the bullet point is asking you and then sort of interpret them your own way.

ReputationRep:
    I can't guess that easily! I suggest you to know which kind of language to use for tasks like letter, speech, report etc. I find speech/talk easily but I think article/report is one of the hardest.
    Which question do you find the most hard? I personally find Q3 (Summary) hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamSp123)
    32 marks for a C without coursework or your speaking and listening, for example, I got a high B on my coursework and an A on my speaking and listening so I need around 33 marks for an A. Nothing to worry about as long as your coursework is above a D.
    Oh right. That's fine then, my coursework is good.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.