Computing and IT study routes - career potential? Watch

Boba_fett1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,
I was just curious to know, which computing and IT study routes you think have the most career potential?

Out of - general computer sciences, digital technologies, networking, software development, and web development?

Thanks alot

Boba
urbanlocations
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say all of them have great career potential. I study ICT which is basically everything you have mentioned in one.

It all depends what you like not what career prospects are available in away. For example I hate networking and would avoid it like the plague whereas someone might love it and someday earn 40k+
username2460773
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Career potential? define that please.
I would say computer science would open the most doors, of which there would be a wide variety.
Boba_fett1
Rep:
?
Thanks for your answers so far. I'm not quite sure how to further define what I meant by 'career potential'. I suppose I mean, what study route, out of the list I added - if you could only choose one, would open the most doors career wise.
Thanks
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends what field you go into, but if I had to pick one I would probably say software development as it seems the most versatile out of what you listed. But they are all good to know and personally I wouldn't just focus on one of them if I wanted to be successful.
username2460773
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely Computer Science, a really good way to pick your degree is to find the job you want to eventually do and check the common requirements.
Boba_fett1
Rep:
?
The reason I ask, is because I am hoping to study through the open university, and it appears you have to choose a specific route rather than study all of them. Grrr
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads