Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I was just curious to know, which computing and IT study routes you think have the most career potential?

Out of - general computer sciences, digital technologies, networking, software development, and web development?

Thanks alot

Boba

ReputationRep:
    I would say all of them have great career potential. I study ICT which is basically everything you have mentioned in one.

It all depends what you like not what career prospects are available in away. For example I hate networking and would avoid it like the plague whereas someone might love it and someday earn 40k+

ReputationRep:
    Career potential? define that please.
    I would say computer science would open the most doors, of which there would be a wide variety.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answers so far. I'm not quite sure how to further define what I meant by 'career potential'. I suppose I mean, what study route, out of the list I added - if you could only choose one, would open the most doors career wise.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends what field you go into, but if I had to pick one I would probably say software development as it seems the most versatile out of what you listed. But they are all good to know and personally I wouldn't just focus on one of them if I wanted to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Computer Science, a really good way to pick your degree is to find the job you want to eventually do and check the common requirements.

ReputationRep:
    The reason I ask, is because I am hoping to study through the open university, and it appears you have to choose a specific route rather than study all of them. Grrr

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.