Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if, come results day, Exeter is likely to accept grades A*AB (or A*A*B) when the offer is AAA, for Psychology, (although some people are offered AAB).
    Would having mostly science A levels, AQA Bacc, general studies & an AS grade A have any influence on whether they would accept this?
    Also, if Exeter was put as insurance rather than firm, would they still consider accepting if got A*AB, not AAA etc.

I'm doing Psychology, Geography and Biology A levels & predicted A*AA (A* in Psych), but I might end up getting a B in Biology as I got a B at AS; I'm debating whether to put Exeter as insurance & Durham as firm (both AAA offers, but heard Exeter can be more lenient). Got A in History AS and B in general studies.

Thanks Not got long to decide now

ReputationRep:
    Best to ask admissions people as they will have a much better idea. I would IMAGINE they would accept A*AB, as technically its the same UCAS points as AAA....but check this.

Unless they tell you what A-levels they want, and what grades they want....if you have an offer they should do this....your a level subjects shouldnt matter. I mean they checked your subjects when you applied so if you have an offer, it doesnt bother them. Exeter dont have a policy looking for ranges of A-levels like others (e.g. Bristol).

Don't think most places look at General studies. Your offer would mainly be made on the back of your A-level results, not your AS grades too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.