Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay, so, a little background about the situation. The friendship group I had last year was one I'd had for 2 years. At first things were pretty standard - we all got on well, apart from the usual fights friends have with each other. But for some reason, things started to change. First it was just jokes that were a little on the harsh side, but it escalated to horrible remarks about my personality, appearance and other personal stuff. It happened almost every day, and only ever to me. I wouldn't have cared if it was just them being *******s, but in between the insults they acted like they loved having me around. They switched between being really nice and really horrible in seconds, seemingly for no reason, and I could never figure out if it was my fault.

It's been six months since I last saw them (I moved to a different college) and I still can't stop thinking about the whole thing and wondering if it was because of something I did, or if not, why they did it. Should I be over this already or am I justified in still hurting over it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, so, a little background about the situation. The friendship group I had last year was one I'd had for 2 years. At first things were pretty standard - we all got on well, apart from the usual fights friends have with each other. But for some reason, things started to change. First it was just jokes that were a little on the harsh side, but it escalated to horrible remarks about my personality, appearance and other personal stuff. It happened almost every day, and only ever to me. I wouldn't have cared if it was just them being *******s, but in between the insults they acted like they loved having me around. They switched between being really nice and really horrible in seconds, seemingly for no reason, and I could never figure out if it was my fault.

It's been six months since I last saw them (I moved to a different college) and I still can't stop thinking about the whole thing and wondering if it was because of something I did, or if not, why they did it. Should I be over this already or am I justified in still hurting over it?
    Was it something you did? Maybe ask one of them? I'd just forget the whole situation. Different college, different friends. Don't lose sleep over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that you are taking too long to get over this...I have been through something very similar and frankly I think that you should think that these people are not worthy in your life....and if you do feel like that-maybe you should ask them what went wrong? There's no harm in it...

ReputationRep:
    cut contact and move on

ReputationRep:
    it's normal to find it hard to move on but you should really try, you're not helping yourself by dwelling, you won't find any answers and realistically you know this isn't your fault, it's easy to cling on to it and try and find an explanation so you can stop it happening again but realistically there isn't one, except for them not being nice people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.