The Student Room Group

Sixth form clothes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SHABANA
H&M for clothes which look nice but are affordable. I prefer ZARA, but it isn't exactly student-budget-friendly.

Okay thank you for the shops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jodie_mort
I'm going to sixth form in September hopefully and I was wondering what I could wear that looks like work wear? Is there any good places to get smart/ workwear clothes from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TK Maxx have loads of nice quality shirts/blazers/dresses in a workwear style and is probably one of the best places to get things that no one else will have. You could also try H&M, even Primark has a decent range of smart clothes if you're really on a budget, but they obviously don't last long and you shouldn't expect to get two years out of them. Once you've got the basics, keep an eye on the sale rails and just add to it from there.

I would say that you probably only need a couple of pairs of smart black or navy trousers, a couple of skirts and a dress if you fancy it, then a few different blouses or shirts. I had a couple of blazers too, one black and one grey. You'll probably take your blazer off indoors so you don't need loads of them, but make sure you have one that matches your trousers/skirts for meetings and smart events. I also bought a couple of nice belts and scarves to accessorise so it didn't look too dull.
Reply 22
Original post by Charlotte49
TK Maxx have loads of nice quality shirts/blazers/dresses in a workwear style and is probably one of the best places to get things that no one else will have. You could also try H&M, even Primark has a decent range of smart clothes if you're really on a budget, but they obviously don't last long and you shouldn't expect to get two years out of them. Once you've got the basics, keep an eye on the sale rails and just add to it from there.

I would say that you probably only need a couple of pairs of smart black or navy trousers, a couple of skirts and a dress if you fancy it, then a few different blouses or shirts. I had a couple of blazers too, one black and one grey. You'll probably take your blazer off indoors so you don't need loads of them, but make sure you have one that matches your trousers/skirts for meetings and smart events. I also bought a couple of nice belts and scarves to accessorise so it didn't look too dull.

This is great thank you so much! Forgot about tkmax thank you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Well if I was to dress smart casual i would choose black skinny jeans and a white short sleeve top w a collar then shoes would be pumps

hello again.........

ummm what kind of clothes do u wear for sixth form??

where do you shop usually??
coz i'm not sure what to wear.....but i don't have a uniform...so i can wear whatever i like.......but i'm not sure about it........

PLEASE HELP!!..........
Original post by bubblegum789
hello again.........

ummm what kind of clothes do u wear for sixth form??

where do you shop usually??
coz i'm not sure what to wear.....but i don't have a uniform...so i can wear whatever i like.......but i'm not sure about it........

PLEASE HELP!!..........

So many girls in my class dress like its a fashion show lmao I don't recommend you do that

I tend to wear black skinny jeans, a (band) t shirt, cardigan/jacket and converse. Just wear things you'd usually wear on a normal day

I shop in places like Matalan and primark
(edited 7 years ago)
So many girls in my class dress like its a fashion show lmao I don't recommend you do that

I tend to wear black skinny jeans, a (band) t shirt, cardigan/jacket and converse. Just wear things you'd usually wear on a normal day

I shop in places like Matalan and primark

Thank you Soooo much......ur literally a life saver..........thank you for all your tips and suggestions........

where do u go for SIxth Form?
where are you from?
So many people have such laid-back sixth forms! We have a really strict and maintained policy on sixth form outfits, but then again, our school has a regional reputation to uphold, which it has done since its establishment 😂
Original post by bubblegum789
Thank you Soooo much......ur literally a life saver..........thank you for all your tips and suggestions........

where do u go for SIxth Form?
where are you from?

You're welcome :h:
I'm not gonna say the name of my sixth form college for safety reasons but I live in suffolk.
Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have :h:
Original post by Jodie_mort
I'm going to sixth form in September hopefully and I was wondering what I could wear that looks like work wear? Is there any good places to get smart/ workwear clothes from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The charity shops in my town sell really nice blazers, dresses and shirts so check them out! I'd recommend Zara for Skirts or Chino, H&M also do really nice Chinos and skirts and dresses
You're welcome :h:
I'm not gonna say the name of my sixth form college for safety reasons but I live in suffolk.
Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have :h:

that's ok......nd nice....
I hope we can be friends.....
please follow me.....if u want to be friends.....i'm following you.:u:

and if u need any help from me (which i'm sure you wont) please ask.........
thank you again....
You are only going there to work... This ain't that important tbh

Also, in like a week after you start you won't be bothered so I suggest you wear what you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi my sixth form is also strict..
My school doesn't allow denim or rips in trousers so I tend to wear coloured jeans and chinos .
I find collars always look smart so I bought a few shirts which I wear on rotation. As it gets colder I put knitted jumpers/cardigans over the top.
For shoes I would suggest buying a good quality pair of boots which you can wear pretty much all year round.
In summer as it got warmer I wore dresses with some plain black shoes from the school shoe section. Wearing a blazer over the top of a dress can also look quite smart (depending on the dress )
Oh, my friend is going to a really uniform-strict SF like yours. Some places she had successes in were Select, TK Maxx, etc. in TK Maxx for example she found so many cute shirts and a blazer for cheap including a really chic Ralph Lauren blouse for like £20 but there are cheaper items - bearing in mind that it might be worth paying a bit more for a garment if you want it to be a bit higher quality for the time during which you'll be in sixth form. I also wouldn't refrain from looking in charity shops - in good ones you can find good labels in any size for cheap (it's what I found, but my college has no restrictions on the dress code haha). Also get the Depop app - you can just search for what you want and if you're willing to purchase online you will probably be able to get something pretty for under £10/various. I'd make sure to check that the seller does returns though, just incase! Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest