Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this exam on Thursday?
    What are your predictions and how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm hoping its on oscillations and electrical circuit but I have no clue for question 3 😦

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael_nc)
    Yes I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm hoping its on oscillations and electrical circuit but I have no clue for question 3 😦
    Lenses and capacitors haven't come up for a while!
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who's done the electrical circuit task? I need help

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall not too bad.. was a little unsure of the uncertainty question for the electrical circuit q though

ReputationRep:
    What range did you get for values of Ln0, and uncertainty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat1498)
    Exp 1 - measuring the angle between two suspended spings attatched to a mass, and the length of each as the masses increased.
    Exp 2 - LDR - measuring the current, when placing a glass plate on top of the LDR (under a light source) until 5 glass plates were on top.
    Lots of uncertainty questions.
    3. 9 mark planning and design (ball bearing in a bowl - oscillations)
    what sort of questions come up in the part 3 planning and design,, anything hard we need to be made aware of.... the part 3 is always a struggle for me

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know that is doing this exam tomorrow do CCEA change the conntet much of this exam or is it the exact same as the one today?

ReputationRep:
    Overall not too bad.. was a little unsure of the uncertainty question for the electrical circuit q though
    19.61mA and +-0.27mA, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the a21 exam today?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the circular motion question. What points did you choose as most and least? And what did you get the nuclear density to be? Does anyone have a rough mark scheme?
    (Original post by skye_eve)
    How did everyone find the a21 exam today?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the circular motion question. What points did you choose as most and least? And what did you get the nuclear density to be? Does anyone have a rough mark scheme?
    I didn't like the circular motion either. The nuclear density is 2.3*10^17

ReputationRep:
    Circular motion was horrible. I put B for most and A for least what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the momentum question was fairly easy. Can't remember them all (feel free to fill in the gaps)
    1)momentum of the 120kg rugby player
    -P=MV =(120)(28.8×10^3÷3600)
    2)final v =3.45
    3) with second player, stopping force doubles, hence V is halved?
    Circular motion question
    -Really not sure here to be honest. Said that max deformation occured at C (bottom point) and minimum at B? (Although I think now that it was A).
    Simple Harmonic - a=w^2x, where w=2pi/T
    A at fixed point =0
    (Can't remember next one)
    Nuclear density - 3m/4 pi Ro^3 using data given in question. For some reason I got it to be 4.5 or something.
    Speed of the neutron anybody?
    Mass defect worked out to give 28.8 MeV I think.
    E=MC^2 where E=energy, mass defect, and light in a vccuum.
    Basic description of boyle's law experiment.
    For the tyre question, P1/T1 =P2/T2, got secondary pressure to be 1059Kpa I think.
    Basic description of protactinium expt with GM tube.
    Angular velocity of the gymnast?
    For the alpha decay, subtracted 4 from mass number and 2 from atomic number to calculate 75 proton and 80-something neutrons. DT reaction stuff was good I thought. JET fusion question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.