Turn on thread page Beta

How will politics change when the IN campaign win in June watch

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, this is not an OUT vs IN or a prediction on who would win. It was decided long ago that IN would win and the vast majority accept, now moving on to the important stuff.

How will politics change? Will euroscepticism die? Will it decrease? Will it increase (considering the large margin IN will have)? Will UKIP die or rise?

Will there be Tory voters feeling betrayed by the party's leadership? Will there be Labour voters who can't accept that their party was not representative of a large Eurosceptic feeling in Labour constituencies?

Who will be hurt most? Who will benefit?

These don't all have to be answered but I'm curious what other people think. I have my opinions but it's all guesses from here on.

ReputationRep:
    In or out, the Tory party are going to have a bun fight of such magnitude, it will make the current scuffles in the Labour party look rather pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    If we do go out, I would love to see how quiet some of the fanatic "In" tsrians would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    Who will be hurt most?
    Bojo and Gove *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, this is not an OUT vs IN or a prediction on who would win. It was decided long ago that IN would win and the vast majority accept, now moving on to the important stuff.

How will politics change? Will euroscepticism die? Will it decrease? Will it increase (considering the large margin IN will have)? Will UKIP die or rise?

Will there be Tory voters feeling betrayed by the party's leadership? Will there be Labour voters who can't accept that their party was not representative of a large Eurosceptic feeling in Labour constituencies?

Who will be hurt most? Who will benefit?

These don't all have to be answered but I'm curious what other people think. I have my opinions but it's all guesses from here on.
    Let us wait till the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    In or out, the Tory party are going to have a bun fight of such magnitude, it will make the current scuffles in the Labour party look rather pathetic.
    You don't think Labour voters will abandon Labour? That the party will be better off? Speaking as an OUT voter why would I and people like me want to vote for Labour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    If we do go out, I would love to see how quiet some of the fanatic "In" tsrians would be.
    It would be a nice feeling of satisfaction but you are in a false sense of hope. OUT can't win. It will never happen and is practically impossible. The vast majority of people have accepted this. Please don't prepare yourself for something that is impossible, look further afield. How will politics in terms of euroscepticism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Bojo and Gove *crosses fingers*
    In what context? They cross their fingers hoping they don't get hurt or Cameron and Osbourne get hurt?

ReputationRep:
    The sadistic leave campaigners will seek refuge in the darkness waiting to pounce on a non-issue and then nonsensically blame it on Brussels or Merkel so it is "factually" the EU's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    The sadistic leave campaigners will seek refuge in the darkness waiting to pounce on a non-issue and then nonsensically blame it on Brussels or Merkel so it is "factually" the EU's fault.
    In what way does this answer any of the questions I asked? How will politics change? I do find it laughable (and it makes you an idiot) when you find the need to attack the Leave side all while knowing Leave will lose anyway. You have no motive to attack them but either out of childish spite or fear. You have no rational fear since Leave can't win so you have just proved you are a scared idiot

ReputationRep:
    You don't think Labour voters will abandon Labour? That the party will be better off? Speaking as an OUT voter why would I and people like me want to vote for Labour?
    Well when the Tories do away with Human Rights, replacing it with a watered down version that gives the state more power; when they further water down workers rights, giving more power to employers to hire and fire at will; when they renegade on their promise for a living wage sending more people into poverty. The Tory party only care about themselves and their rich mates.

All very well if you are all right Jack, but for many who aren't...

Can you remember 10 years ago? There were no food banks in the country and you would be hard pressed to find homelessness on the streets of our great city. But to many, turning a blind eye and hoping someone else sorts out the problem is perfectly acceptable. Personally I find it rather sad. The last time things were this bad was - why - when the Tory party were last in power.

ReputationRep:
    Well when the Tories do away with Human Rights, replacing it with a watered down version that gives the state more power; when they further water down workers rights, giving more power to employers to hire and fire at will; when they renegade on their promise for a living wage sending more people into poverty. The Tory party only care about themselves and their rich mates.

Can you remember 10 years ago? There were no food banks in the country and you would be hard pressed to find homelessness on the streets of our great city. But to many, turning a blind eye and hoping someone else sorts out the problem is perfectly acceptable. Personally I find it rather sad. The last time things were this bad was - why - when the Tory party were last in power.
    Your knowledge of conservative politics is pretty poor.

ReputationRep:

Why are you turning this into a Labour vs Tory debate completely irrelevant of the EU and euroscepticism?

If what you say is true then Labour will win this week's elections and win in 2020.

ReputationRep:
    In what way does this answer any of the questions I asked? How will politics change? I do find it laughable (and it makes you an idiot) when you find the need to attack the Leave side all while knowing Leave will lose anyway. You have no motive to attack them but either out of childish spite or fear. You have no rational fear since Leave can't win so you have just proved you are a scared idiot
    Hmmm... Wouldn't my post suggest the leave campaigners will continue to endorse their agenda albeit in a low-key?

Perfectly fine if you think I'm a scared idiot 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Hmmm... Wouldn't my post suggest the leave campaigners will continue to endorse their agenda albeit in a low-key?

Perfectly fine if you think I'm a scared idiot 👍🏼
    I asked about the politics while your post was an insult to the leave voters. I see no reason for you to insult them in a political swipe if you know you've beaten them already. It shows what type of person you are to attack the very group you've beaten anyway, and you claim all the IN camp are honourable people. How is it in bed with Tony Blair, Cameron and the tax avoiding businesses?

ReputationRep:
    Bojo will be PM maybe

ReputationRep:
    In what context? They cross their fingers hoping they don't get hurt or Cameron and Osbourne get hurt?
    I'm crossing my fingers that Bojo and Gove get hurt the most.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you turning this into a Labour vs Tory debate completely irrelevant of the EU and euroscepticism?
    I didn't. You did. You were harping on about Labour voters leaving Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    Bojo will be PM maybe
    Is that a success for euroscepticism or will it not matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Your knowledge of conservative politics is pretty poor.
    Not really. I remember the rampant homelessness during the last Tory government. It then by and large vanished during the Labour years. Now we have the Tories back in power, the homeless are now back in force again and that wonderful Third World institution, the Food Bank is now in every town.

But you are right - I know nothing of Tory politics.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.