Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just bought my insurance for my motorbike, trouble is, I don't know if the e-mail they sent me is enough to count as proof of insurance

Here is a censored out version of the email

Let me know if this is enough, thanks.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It indicates you have an active policy. Does it give you an actual policy id number?

ReputationRep:
    You normally need the Certificate. If it says Certificate at the top you will be fine.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anon07079191)
    You normally need the Certificate. If it says Certificate at the top you will be fine.
    I cant see the email, but it would seem unusual to start active coverage without him being able to use it.

OP read your policy it should say what you do inbetween waiting for paper copies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I cant see the email, but it would seem unusual to start active coverage without him being able to use it.

OP read your policy it should say what you do inbetween waiting for paper copies.
    IWhen I said he needs the Certificate, I meant in terms of proof, for example, when you buy road tax (however I can't remember if they changed this rule- might all be electronic now).

Certificate is normally in email attachment!

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do you need this proof for, OP?

IWhen I said he needs the Certificate, I meant in terms of proof, for example, when you buy road tax (however I can't remember if they changed this rule- might all be electronic now).

A lot of companies still send the certificate in the post, which I think is indicated in the email OP posted a pic of in this case.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You can use the insurance (and thus the bike) from 16:45 yesterday, hence it saying when the cover will begin...

From the 'Once you receive your documents', I would assume that this alone isn't it, but that you will receive the proper certificate soon. If someone needs to see your certificate, then the email probably wouldn't stand. However, if the police need to know, if they were to suspect you don't have insurance, they will check through their computers, and so you don't need to worry about needing your certificate for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    What exactly do you need this proof for, OP?

A lot of companies still send the certificate in the post, which I think is indicated in the email OP posted a pic of in this case.
    Not necessarily indicated- it makes no reference to post. Perfectly conceivable that it can be received in another email. Not unheard of to send multiple emails. My certificates, and others I've seen, have been received via email.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Anon id agree with you otherwise it would be strange to start his cover without him being able to use it.

The nearest I could get was

Why haven't I received my documents yet?
    We always aim to issue your Welcome Pack within 7 working days. This contains your Proposal Form/Statement of Insurance, Certificate & Schedule of Motor Insurance and our Terms of Business Agreement. If you need your documentation urgently, or if it has been more than 7 working days since you purchased, you can call us on 0800 597 0531 or e-mail [email protected] , quoting your name, address, vehicle registration and policy reference number (if known) along with details of your query.

ReputationRep:
    This is the full email

They said that they will send the whole certificate via post,

I was just wondering that in the case of a pull over, will this email hold up as enough proof of insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily indicated- it makes no reference to post. Perfectly conceivable that it can be received in another email. Not unheard of to send multiple emails. My certificates, and others I've seen, have been received via email.
    Which is why I said I THINK it's indicated and what you've said is right, but yeah, sending out certificates by post is also still commonplace as I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Which is why I said I THINK it's indicated and what you've said is right, but yeah, sending out certificates by post is also still commonplace as I said
    Gotcha- I think I misunderstood the tone of your original reply.

ReputationRep:
    Gotcha- I think I misunderstood the tone of your original reply.
    All good, I do write a little bluntly sometimes :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.