Will there be questions on required practicals in Paper 1 AS AQA Physics 2016 Watch

Someboady
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As the title says. From the specimen paper there doesnt seem to be and my teacher said itd only be on the second paper since thats where all the "practical" skills come in... but idk where he got that info from. The specimen papers onyl have one 6 marker and thats in the first paper.. I am preparing for both scenarios but I'm just wondering if hes right.
thefatone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Someboady)
As the title says. From the specimen paper there doesnt seem to be and my teacher said itd only be on the second paper since thats where all the "practical" skills come in... but idk where he got that info from. The specimen papers onyl have one 6 marker and thats in the first paper.. I am preparing for both scenarios but I'm just wondering if hes right.
Most likely there'll be practical stuff integrated into one of the papers since EMPA's are gone.
username1692103
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Someboady)
He is right. Unit 1 is composed of 70 marks purely on the content you've learnt, not the experiments.

Unit 2 is composed of 30 marks of multiple choices, 20 marks on the experiements and handling errors etc. And an additional 20 marks on content.

From the Spec:
Paper 1What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestions70 marks of short and long answer questions split by topic.

Paper 2What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestionsSection A: 20 marks of short and long answer questions on practical skills and data analysisSection B: 20 marks of short and long answer questions from across all areas of AS contentSection C: 30 multiple choice questions

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ec-at-a-glance
Someboady
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Calzs34)
He is right. Unit 1 is composed of 70 marks purely on the content you've learnt, not the experiments.

Unit 2 is composed of 30 marks of multiple choices, 20 marks on the experiements and handling errors etc. And an additional 20 marks on content.

From the Spec:
Paper 1What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestions70 marks of short and long answer questions split by topic.

Paper 2What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestionsSection A: 20 marks of short and long answer questions on practical skills and data analysisSection B: 20 marks of short and long answer questions from across all areas of AS contentSection C: 30 multiple choice questions

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ec-at-a-glance
Praise the LAWWWWWWD! thanks man, much appreciated... these practicals are doing my head in xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?