Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will there be questions on required practicals in Paper 1 AS AQA Physics 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says. From the specimen paper there doesnt seem to be and my teacher said itd only be on the second paper since thats where all the "practical" skills come in... but idk where he got that info from. The specimen papers onyl have one 6 marker and thats in the first paper.. I am preparing for both scenarios but I'm just wondering if hes right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    As the title says. From the specimen paper there doesnt seem to be and my teacher said itd only be on the second paper since thats where all the "practical" skills come in... but idk where he got that info from. The specimen papers onyl have one 6 marker and thats in the first paper.. I am preparing for both scenarios but I'm just wondering if hes right.
    Most likely there'll be practical stuff integrated into one of the papers since EMPA's are gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    He is right. Unit 1 is composed of 70 marks purely on the content you've learnt, not the experiments.

Unit 2 is composed of 30 marks of multiple choices, 20 marks on the experiements and handling errors etc. And an additional 20 marks on content.

From the Spec:
    Paper 1What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestions70 marks of short and long answer questions split by topic.

Paper 2What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestionsSection A: 20 marks of short and long answer questions on practical skills and data analysisSection B: 20 marks of short and long answer questions from across all areas of AS contentSection C: 30 multiple choice questions

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ec-at-a-glance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    He is right. Unit 1 is composed of 70 marks purely on the content you've learnt, not the experiments.

Unit 2 is composed of 30 marks of multiple choices, 20 marks on the experiements and handling errors etc. And an additional 20 marks on content.

From the Spec:
    Paper 1What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestions70 marks of short and long answer questions split by topic.

Paper 2What's assessedSections 1 - 5Assessedwritten exam: 1 hour 30 minutes70 marks50% of ASQuestionsSection A: 20 marks of short and long answer questions on practical skills and data analysisSection B: 20 marks of short and long answer questions from across all areas of AS contentSection C: 30 multiple choice questions

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...ec-at-a-glance
    Praise the LAWWWWWWD! thanks man, much appreciated... these practicals are doing my head in xD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.