Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have the following problem, I would like to go to Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland, but at the moment I don't find any accomodation which a room with a SINGLE WC, shower and sink inside it for my personal use and that is NEAR the university. Please can someone who is studying or has studied there or simply knows about the place help me out ? If it is possible, I need an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    All the university accommodation (apart from Garthdee towers) is in the city centre and would require public transport. This is why RGU is my insurance rather than my firm for next year. I'm not very comfortable with where the halls are and I don't want to rent privately. If I do end up at Rgu, I would try to get halls closest to king street as that is where you will get the bus.

I originally liked woolman hill as we had a tour of it on the open day but I think you have to get onto union street for the bus which means quite a bit more travel time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead pool)
    All the university accommodation (apart from Garthdee towers) is in the city centre and would require public transport. This is why RGU is my insurance rather than my firm for next year. I'm not very comfortable with where the halls are and I don't want to rent privately. If I do end up at Rgu, I would try to get halls closest to king street as that is where you will get the bus.

I originally liked woolman hill as we had a tour of it on the open day but I think you have to get onto union street for the bus which means quite a bit more travel time.

Thanks for replying.

Still what do you say about Ramsay Development ? I have seen that is VERY CLOSE to university and has en-suite rooms (toilet, shower and sink for personnal use).

ReputationRep:
    Yes Ramsay development looks ideal but it only has 28 spaces so I think you would be very lucky to get in. It is also out of my price range. You could put it as your first choice and you never know, you might be lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-zalo98)
    Thanks for replying.

Still what do you say about Ramsay Development ? I have seen that is VERY CLOSE to university and has en-suite rooms (toilet, shower and sink for personnal use).
    What did you end up putting as your first choice? I've put Ramsay development as my first choice and really hoping I get it!!

ReputationRep:
    hi all. I'm a student at RGU and the busses go from both King street and Union st. It would be quicker to catch the bus on Union/Holburn street as getting down King st takes quite a while. Rosemount Halls are in town but are much nicer than Woolmanhill and many of those have en suites!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiewills)
    hi all. I'm a student at RGU and the busses go from both King street and Union st. It would be quicker to catch the bus on Union/Holburn street as getting down King st takes quite a while. Rosemount Halls are in town but are much nicer than Woolmanhill and many of those have en suites!
    Do first year students stay at Ramsay development? I've not seen anybody talking about them but I don't wanna stay anywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think some do, but not a huge amount. I believe people that people with special circumstances are given priority for those flats as they are so close to uni! Definitely worth applying for either way? i've never known anyone to not be allocated halls if they put a few options.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to go for private accommodation near Union St. I share a bathroom with someone but there were plenty of en suites available. The bus ride is not long - about 15 minutes or so. I've trialed the journey and it was really straightforward, so I wasn't concerned about this side of things.

Have you found something now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.