Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this girl like me, and what should I do about my best mate. Watch

My best friend has been talking to this girl for a while. He really likes her, however not sure how she feels about him. I think he is friendzoned in all honestly

Yesterday we were all at a professional networking event. Me and my friend were walking, to the place. We see the girl, she straightaway says, "wow you are looking good in that suit" she then touches it. She doesn't even acknowledge my friend, until he breaks in.

Later she keeps looking at me, while we stand and talk. I keep asking her what's up. She said she just admiring the suit.

After a while another girl come to talk to me, after she goes. The girl in questions keeps asking have I taken her on a date, and what type of dates do I do.

Obvious not the best signs, but I haven't first
    Time I've actually spoken to her.

I don't know why, but her charm has caught me, and I like her. I really want to message her and ask her out. But what do I say to my friend.

He is a good guy, we've had loads of good times and I feel it's not worth risking the friendship

ReputationRep:
    Bros before hoes unfortunately, just wait for them to die down (which it sounds like it wont take long) then make your move... once they've stopped talking he should be fine with it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Don't risk your friendship over a girl. Your friendship is more important then being in a relationship. Wait for feelings to go from your best friend, and then make your move. But really make sure they've all gone before you do anything -Tanisha.

ReputationRep:
    I see things a bit differently. It doesn't sound as if he's in the running at all in which case it's not really fair for him to block her. And someone else might win her over first. It is a sensitive matter and if he 'saw her first'. Think you have to weigh it up and make your own decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My best friend has been talking to this girl for a while. He really likes her, however not sure how she feels about him. I think he is friendzoned in all honestly

Yesterday we were all at a professional networking event. Me and my friend were walking, to the place. We see the girl, she straightaway says, "wow you are looking good in that suit" she then touches it. She doesn't even acknowledge my friend, until he breaks in.

Later she keeps looking at me, while we stand and talk. I keep asking her what's up. She said she just admiring the suit.

After a while another girl come to talk to me, after she goes. The girl in questions keeps asking have I taken her on a date, and what type of dates do I do.

Obvious not the best signs, but I haven't first
    Time I've actually spoken to her.

I don't know why, but her charm has caught me, and I like her. I really want to message her and ask her out. But what do I say to my friend.

He is a good guy, we've had loads of good times and I feel it's not worth risking the friendship

simple solution here:

just go upto your friend and explain that you think you like her too, and if he hasn't made his move in 2 weeks, you are going to give it a shot yourself.

you'll retain for friendship,
    and hopefully get the girl.

if he had actually dated this girl then fair enough she's off limits, but all he has is a crush ...which he seems to be doing sweet FA about.

(Original post by Zarek)
    I see things a bit differently. It doesn't sound as if he's in the running at all in which case it's not really fair for him to block her. And someone else might win her over first. It is a sensitive matter and if he 'saw her first'. Think you have to weigh it up and make your own decision.
    I agree, he may have had some sort of chance, but he friendzoned him self but consistently texting her. I feel bad for him.

I think I'll message her sometime, but I know for a fact she will message that guy telling her I'm speaking to her

ReputationRep:
    Bros before .....
    Someone fill it in for me. Thank you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.