Drinking for first time, what to have? Watch

KaylaB
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yeah I am a typical nerd and haven't done the usual getting drunk with the lads but alas, I am finally going to properly drink but I don't know what to have. I've had WKD (lol) in the past and that didn't taste of much, but that's about it really.

Ah and I've also just remembered some cheap beer that was acquired :angel: at another friend's party but it tasted absolutely vile.

I'm going out with a group of friends (who have all turned 18 already ) next week but will be drinking but I just don't know what to have, I just don't want to waste my money on a gross drink. So any tips for drinks for a newbie?
adamseridji
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Water
KaylaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by adamseridji)
Water
10/10 very useful
Jenx301
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
vodka & coke
M14B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Red wine
(lovely headache in the morning too)
SubZero~
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KaylaB)
10/10 very useful
Are you just curious to drink or? Cause I don't really understand the point of it. Some of my friends have said it tastes disgusting and they only do it to get drunk.
JackFletch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kopparberg, choose the mixed fruit one and you can drink it as if it was water haha
psychemma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Koppaberg mixed fruit/any other berry flavoured cider tastes just like squash and is sooo good
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try a good gin. try a black Russian. Pick something new, try a long island ice tea if you want something refreshing.
Good ciders are good and so is a good beer, Stay away from wkd and cheap stuff. Baileys is also a great comfort drink so is coffee liqueur if you like that stuff
psychemma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JackFletch)
Kopparberg, choose the mixed fruit one and you can drink it as if it was water haha
Wow we're in sync ahaha
KaylaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by SubZero~)
Are you just curious to drink or? Cause I don't really understand the point of it. Some of my friends have said it tastes disgusting and they only do it to get drunk.
I mean I suppose, I want to at least try it or see if I do like it, so I can decide if I want to drink or not. Also, I don't see a bad think of drinking just to get drunk
Anon07079191
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A few shots will sort you out.

I never understood the point of drinking until the end of my first year at uni. We had a sports fixture at another uni and the coach wasn't picking us up until like 11pm. Everyone was getting drunk so I just said sod it and bought a bottle of whisky. Great night!
JackFletch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by psychemma)
Wow we're in sync ahaha
Well normally I go for jack daniels and coke or vodka and coke but kopparberg aint that bad haha
SubZero~
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean I suppose, I want to at least try it or see if I do like it, so I can decide if I want to drink or not. Also, I don't see a bad think of drinking just to get drunk
Alrighty have fun!
Luke Kostanjsek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I am a typical nerd and haven't done the usual getting drunk with the lads but alas, I am finally going to properly drink but I don't know what to have. I've had WKD (lol) in the past and that didn't taste of much, but that's about it really.

Ah and I've also just remembered some cheap beer that was acquired :angel: at another friend's party but it tasted absolutely vile.

I'm going out with a group of friends (who have all turned 18 already ) next week but will be drinking but I just don't know what to have, I just don't want to waste my money on a gross drink. So any tips for drinks for a newbie?
If it's your first time getting plastered, vodka redbull all the way. It tastes really nice - just like bubblegum - and when the caffeine wears off the alcohol hits you like a punch in the face
KaylaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by M14B)
Red wine
(lovely headache in the morning too)
Any specific type of just bog standard red? :lol:

(Original post by JackFletch)
(Original post by psychemma)
Koppaberg mixed fruit/any other berry flavoured cider tastes just like squash and is sooo good
This definitely seems worth a try, it sounds nice
M14B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any specific type of just bog standard red? :lol:

Any red
Cheap and cheerful
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely fruit cider for a newbie
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Start with cocktails like Malibu/Passoa and mix it with fruit juices. You won't be disgusted by the taste.

Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
JD and Coke
Peach schnapps and irn Bru
Gin and irn Bru

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads