Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so where to start....
    I'm a muslim and after contemplating today I feel like I lost all hope. All signs are telling me I'm gonna end up in hell. all my friends are muslims and I really don't want to go to them for help, I'm scared they'll judge me. I don't really talk to muslims anymore, just the other day a group of them knocked on my door asking for me. I didn't know who they were but I recognised them from the mosque. they were banging on about how comes they don't see me in the mosque anymore etc, it really *****d me off that they go round knocking like that. I mean I'm still muslim, I'm just not fond of the muslims I know, telling me to pray when I know for a fact the ones who tell me don't go 5 times a day themselves. I put my trust in muslims before be it my friends/teachers, didn't go well.

Today I was just standing for a few hours on London bridge thinking about life and what I'm doing.

I need someone to talk to, I don't know what about, I just need someone to talk to.....

I'm sorry If ive offended anyone...... just need help

ReputationRep:
    pray to your god about it, for him to help you

(Original post by LostMyLife)
    so where to start....I'm a muslim and after contemplating today I feel like I lost all hope. All signs are telling me I'm gonna end up in hell. all my friends are muslims and I really don't want to go to them for help, I'm scared they'll judge me. I don't really talk to muslims anymore, just the other day a group of them knocked on my door asking for me. I didn't know who they were but I recognised them from the mosque. they were banging on about how comes they don't see me in the mosque anymore etc, it really *****d me off that they go round knocking like that. I mean I'm still muslim, I'm just not fond of the muslims I know, telling me to pray when I know for a fact the ones who tell me don't go 5 times a day themselves. I put my trust in muslims before be it my friends/teachers, didn't go well.Today I was just standing for a few hours on London bridge thinking about life and what I'm doing.I need someone to talk to, I don't know what about, I just need someone to talk to.....I'm sorry If ive offended anyone...... just need help
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. You can talk to me anytime and remember you're not alone. There's people who care about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    pray to your god about it, for him to help you
    I do...

ReputationRep:
    This is why the concept of hell is such a despicable idea, just goes to show what it can do to people.

Why don't you take a mental break from Islam and religion in general for a while to sort out your mind and see if actually adding anything to your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. You can talk to me anytime and remember you're not alone. There's people who care about you.
    thank you, I do wanna talk, I just wouldn't know where to start tbh,

ReputationRep:
    so where to start....I'm a muslim and after contemplating today I feel like I lost all hope. All signs are telling me I'm gonna end up in hell. all my friends are muslims and I really don't want to go to them for help, I'm scared they'll judge me. I don't really talk to muslims anymore, just the other day a group of them knocked on my door asking for me. I didn't know who they were but I recognised them from the mosque. they were banging on about how comes they don't see me in the mosque anymore etc, it really *****d me off that they go round knocking like that. I mean I'm still muslim, I'm just not fond of the muslims I know, telling me to pray when I know for a fact the ones who tell me don't go 5 times a day themselves. I put my trust in muslims before be it my friends/teachers, didn't go well.Today I was just standing for a few hours on London bridge thinking about life and what I'm doing.I need someone to talk to, I don't know what about, I just need someone to talk to.....I'm sorry If ive offended anyone...... just need help
    I really feel what you are trying to say.
    If you need to talk, I'm all ears

Posted from TSR Mobile

X
    It's okay to feel overwhelmed in your situation. Give yourself a bit of a mental break. When it comes to matter of Deen it cannot be rushed. Take your time with it. Start off slowly, may it be a small act of zikr or even just two nafl and then build up on that slowly, even if it means just praying in your room at first.
    Do not feel pressured by them. You are still a muslim at the end of the day. They can't judge you and make you feel otherwise.

This feeling won't go away overnight, have patience, you'll get through this. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    This is why the concept of hell is such a despicable idea, just goes to show what it can do to people.

Why don't you take a mental break from Islam and religion in general for a while to sort out your mind and see if actually adding anything to your life?
    Yep I gave that a thought
    I need to fix my mental state
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you are under 18 talk to childline. 08001111
    If you are over 18 then talk to the samaritans.116123

In the longer term you can talk to your GP (you need to do this for your health) you must get your mental stability sorted before worrying about faith issues.
    You are under 25 then you can talk to the Mix confidential helpline 0808 808 4994 Open from 11am - 11pm every day
    http://www.getconnected.org.uk/

You simply need some time to gather your thoughts and people who are concerned for you should respect the fact you need that space instead of pressuring you.

Theres also an ex muslim group on the site and perhaps they will appreciate some of the pressures you feel. You need clear space though to make up your own mind whats right for you, with prssure from other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    It's okay to feel overwhelmed in your situation. Give yourself a bit of a mental break. When it comes to matter of Deen it cannot be rushed. Take your time with it. Start off slowly, may it be a small act of zikr or even just two nafl and then build up on that slowly, even if it means just praying in your room at first.
    Do not feel pressured by them. You are still a muslim at the end of the day. They can't judge you and make you feel otherwise.

This feeling won't go away overnight, have patience, you'll get through this. :console:
    thank you, they're all I have close to me which is the problem. theyre all I have to talk to but the people I really don't want to talk to about these issues

ReputationRep:
    This is just terrible, as a muslim don't you feel ashamed bashing other muslims behind their backs. I mean what did you think this rant was going to get you? Sympathy from non muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Research different religions and ultimately ask yourself: what do you believe?

The most important thing is that you step back and do some research. Find your own answers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.