Scared I'm going to miss my offer! Help!!

Watch
unihelp98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have an offer to study Geography at Southampton and the offer is BBB.
I will definitely get two of the Bs but I'm predicted a C in my third subject and don't think I will a B.
My question is how likely are Southampton to let me in with BBC or even ABC if I can get that?

Please help I'm really stressed and worrying about not getting in
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by unihelp98)
I will definitely get two of the Bs but I'm predicted a C in my third subject and don't think I will a B.
My question is how likely are Southampton to let me in with BBC or even ABC if I can get that?

It will all depend on what everyone else gets on results day, and whether that C is a relevant subject. Many people do get in with near misses by i m afraid no one can tell you that will definitely happen.
unihelp98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
It will all depend on what everyone else gets on results day, and whether that C is a relevant subject. Many people do get in with near misses by i m afraid no one can tell you that will definitely happen.
The C will be in English Lit which I think it irrelevant. The other two subjects are Geography and Politics
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The C will be in English Lit which I think it irrelevant. The other two subjects are Geography and Politics
Ah i see, well it will all depend on what the other applicants get really and whether the university will only accept a B or above as a minimum standard.
I know its stressful but all you can do is try your best and know that many other people will feel like they are in your position.
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

We're all in the same boat unfortunately We're all worried and stressed and don't know whether or not we're going to get in... life of an A-Level/IB student I'm afraid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads