?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just wondering if anyone knows
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In case you didn't know, the question is going to be 'Analyse aspects of tragedy in the following extract.' The extract is what you have to speculate on. I suspect it will be the beginning interaction between Iago & Roderigo, Iago goading Othello about Desdemona & Cassio, or one of Othello's monologues.
mar1enneh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
In case you didn't know, the question is going to be 'Analyse aspects of tragedy in the following extract.' The extract is what you have to speculate on. I suspect it will be the beginning interaction between Iago & Roderigo, Iago goading Othello about Desdemona & Cassio, or one of Othello's monologues.
yeah I know about the extract thing, but isn't the Roderigo and Iago thing on the specimen paper
AgonizedGod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could be anything, hence why my class has done questions on all characters such as Emilia's feminism speech and women in society, Iago's self-love and egotism and Othello's jealousy.

However, we do know for certain that one part of the Othello question will ask; "How does Shakespeare present aspects of love in the following extraxt", as mentioned already.
mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AgonizedGod)
Could be anything, hence why my class has done questions on all characters such as Emilia's feminism speech and women in society, Iago's self-love and egotism and Othello's jealousy.

However, we do know for certain that one part of the Othello question will ask; "How does Shakespeare present aspects of love in the following extraxt", as mentioned already.
How do you know that for certain? About aspects of love?
goal101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do you revise for othello ???
AgonizedGod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mughushed)
How do you know that for certain? About aspects of love?
In every single exam specimen they've had two parts to the Othello question; "How does Shakespeare present aspects of love" followed by the actual question. Obviously, it doesn't specify that it will be asked but I think we can all gather it's going to be a recurring theme as it is LTA we are studying.
AgonizedGod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by goal101)
I revise character relationships and analyse different themes of love within.
mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AgonizedGod)
In every single exam specimen they've had two parts to the Othello question; "How does Shakespeare present aspects of love" followed by the actual question. Obviously, it doesn't specify that it will be asked but I think we can all gather it's going to be a recurring theme as it is LTA we are studying.
Oh, now I understand, you do AQA Lit A, while I do Lit B - I was so scared for a second! Good luck!
AgonizedGod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mughushed)
Oh, now I understand, you do AQA Lit A, while I do Lit B - I was so scared for a second! Good luck!
That's fine! Good luck to yourself too!
mar1enneh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by goal101)
I learn quotes and practice exam Q's.
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mar1enneh)
yeah I know about the extract thing, but isn't the Roderigo and Iago thing on the specimen paper
Oh yeah. In that case I think it might be Othello's speech to Brabantio.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate