Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook annoyance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There is someone on facebook I don't want to be able to send me messages but I don't want to block them. reason I don't want to block them is because I see them often and I can just pretend there is a problem with my facebook account / theres.

If I block someone from sending me facebook messages, will they KNOW that I did? Will I still be registered as their friend on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmith6131)
    There is someone on facebook I don't want to be able to send me messages but I don't want to block them. reason I don't want to block them is because I see them often and I can just pretend there is a problem with my facebook account / theres.

If I block someone from sending me facebook messages, will they KNOW that I did? Will I still be registered as their friend on facebook?
    Wow a red gem?
    Do you want o go green?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Wow a red gem?
    Do you want o go green?
    haha.
    yes please.
    I made a post on "proof for god" which people didn't like...and I went super red! can't seem to go green.

ReputationRep:
    This may be a tad personal, but if you don't want to speak to them, why do you see them so often?
    Also they will probably notice if you block them if they message you often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Wow a red gem?
    Do you want o go green?
    genius. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamRam42)
    This may be a tad personal, but if you don't want to speak to them, why do you see them so often?
    Also they will probably notice if you block them if they message you often.
    I am on a very small course (30 people) and there is literally no way to avoid them as the lecture theatre is about the size of 2 standard living rooms!

we are in revision atm and they like sending me lots of messages asking for help which is very disruptive. I have already told them I don't like being messaged but they don't seem to listen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmith6131)
    I am on a very small course (30 people) and there is literally no way to avoid them as the lecture theatre is about the size of 2 standard living rooms!

we are in revision atm and they like sending me lots of messages asking for help which is very disruptive. I have already told them I don't like being messaged but they don't seem to listen
    I've been sitting on this for a while, my only advice is to just avoid messenger if possible. I know it's not good advice but other than confronting them personally i'm dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamRam42)
    I've been sitting on this for a while, my only advice is to just avoid messenger if possible. I know it's not good advice but other than confronting them personally i'm dry.
    haha. thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.