Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

this is weird but basically on friday I think I sprained my ankle falling down about 3 steps outside. It was/still is swollen and hurt. The weird thing though is that it is floppy? is that normal? It's my right ankle and when I lift my leg infront of me the foot flops to the left. I can get it straight but it hurts and takes some effort. When I put my left leg infront of me my foot just naturally is straight. My ankle just feels like its too weak to hold my foot up right. Is this normal? Should I bother seeing a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    Hey

this is weird but basically on friday I think I sprained my ankle falling down about 3 steps outside. It was/still is swollen and hurt. The weird thing though is that it is floppy? is that normal? It's my right ankle and when I lift my leg infront of me the foot flops to the left. I can get it straight but it hurts and takes some effort. When I put my left leg infront of me my foot just naturally is straight. My ankle just feels like its too weak to hold my foot up right. Is this normal? Should I bother seeing a doctor?
    I don't think it's worth going doctors for. I'd give it a week if it still hurts go to a doctor

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Go to the doctor ASAP. I'd even consider going to A and E. It probably is sprained and sprains can be very serious. Avoid putting weight on it as much as possible. Does it hurt if you touch it? If so, go to A and E.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Go to the doctor ASAP. I'd even consider going to A and E. It probably is sprained and sprains can be very serious. Avoid putting weight on it as much as possible. Does it hurt if you touch it? If so, go to A and E.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It hurts when i touch it but not too much. Wouldn't it be pointless going to A&E if I haven't broken it? I was just going to leave it a week and see what happens but I find it weird that its floppy lol.

ReputationRep:
    It hurts when i touch it but not too much. Wouldn't it be pointless going to A&E if I haven't broken it? I was just going to leave it a week and see what happens but I find it weird that its floppy lol.
    This sometimes happens to me whenever I have a sprained ankles. What you should do first is apply ice to that region (make sure the ice is not coming into contact with your skin), and keep it elevated. If it does seem quite weird tomorrow go see a GP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.