The Student Room Group

What is AS Maths?

If it says I'm going to study AS Maths what does that mean?
Original post by _Xenon_

It means that someone is not giving you a choice in your A-level choices. :s-smilie:

But really, AS Maths is the part of A-level Maths (the qualification for 16-18 year olds) that people in Year 12 study. Year 13 is called A2.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
It means that someone is not giving you a choice in your A-level choices. :s-smilie:

But really, AS Maths is the part of A-level Maths (the qualification for 16-18 year olds) that people in Year 12 study. Year 13 is called A2.

So will I do AS Maths next year and then the year after it will be A2? Then I get an A-level right?
Original post by _Xenon_

AS = Advanced Subidary
Maths = Mathematics

It is a qualification offered to students in the subject of mathematics, typically post their GCSE examinations and prior to their Advanced Level Examinations
Original post by _Xenon_
So will I do AS Maths next year and then the year after it will be A2? Then I get an A-level right?

Correct. :borat:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Correct. :borat:

Oh so it's virtually the same and I shouldn't be worried :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_

What is virtually the same?

If you want to study Maths, then yes, just pick it and don't worry too much :tongue: (also practice a lot).
Original post by _Xenon_

A-Level is just a continuation of AS (generally)

So if you find AS easy, A-level will probably be straight forward (not always the case though...I found AS Physics harder than A-Level Physics)...but Maths I found C1 easiest (which is AS)

good luck
Original post by _Xenon_

I mean i've learnt all the AS stuff which seems pretty easy and i looked at a C3 and 4 textbook and i died a little inside.

But i'm sure it won't be too difficult..

Quick Reply

Latest