The Student Room Group

University Course Dilemma

Hi Everyone,

I have to make my final call on my Undergraduate University course by the 4th and I am really stuck. I'm struggling to decide and the final date is closing in and I still don't know what to think.

Currently I am stuck between two options. The first being for Glasgow University. I have an unconditional to do Film and Television Studies/Digital Media and Information Studies. My second option is an unconditional offer to Film Studies at St Andrews.

My dilemma with this situation is the fact that the second course with Glasgow is something that really interests me (aside from most modules in the first year - which kind of scares me...I don't want my first year to be boring) and St Andrews don't offer any course close to this one. I know for a fact that there is snobbery when it comes to jobs. I know that St Andrews will immediately be preferred over Glasgow and this is something that scares me. I know for a fact that if both the Glasgow courses were offered at St Andrews I would immediately select that but I can't get the best of both worlds.

There are other factors that affect each University but these are the main ones and hopefully you guys can give me some insight or opinions :biggrin: Thanks in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Is anyone able to help me? Please...I would love any opinions at all
Reply 2
If it's between a course you love and the reputation of the university, pick the course you love. Glasgow is still a respected university, and there's no point doing something you hate in the vague off-chance it helps your career prospects further down the line.
Reply 3
Original post by Arkasia
If it's between a course you love and the reputation of the university, pick the course you love. Glasgow is still a respected university, and there's no point doing something you hate in the vague off-chance it helps your career prospects further down the line.

Thanks for the reply :biggrin:

I don't hate the course at St Andrews, it's very much the same as one of the courses at Glasgow that I would be doing.

I'm finding this all tricky, because the deadline is so close i'm second guessing everything

Quick Reply

Latest