Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My first post on here..

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I'm a first year law student @ reading uni and decided that I no longer want to pursue a career as a lawyer. I've decided that the best route for my chosen career would be to study criminology/psychology with criminology and am in the process of making a new UCAS application.
    My choices are:
    Criminology & Psychology @ Southampton
    Criminology @ Leicester
    Psychology & Criminology @ Loughborough
    Criminology @ Surrey
    and Criminology & Security studies @ Birmingham City
    I meet the entry requirements for these unis but have some questions so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I have spoken to student finance and I would get full funding as you are allowed 4 years.
    1) Is it too late to send an application now?
    2) Is anyone else considering/ in process of moving to any of these unis?
    3) Does or did anyone study any of these subjects - what advice can you give of what I can do to make the best candidate for law enforcement career prospects?
    4) The course at Birmingham City university is the most relevant to what I want to pursue career wise, however it's no-where near on the league tables my current uni or new choices. Is reputation more important than course content?
    Thanks a bunch!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmlife)
    Hi! My first post on here..

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I'm a first year law student @ reading uni and decided that I no longer want to pursue a career as a lawyer. I've decided that the best route for my chosen career would be to study criminology/psychology with criminology and am in the process of making a new UCAS application.
    My choices are:
    Criminology & Psychology @ Southampton
    Criminology @ Leicester
    Psychology & Criminology @ Loughborough
    Criminology @ Surrey
    and Criminology & Security studies @ Birmingham City
    I meet the entry requirements for these unis but have some questions so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I have spoken to student finance and I would get full funding as you are allowed 4 years.
    1) Is it too late to send an application now?
    2) Is anyone else considering/ in process of moving to any of these unis?
    3) Does or did anyone study any of these subjects - what advice can you give of what I can do to make the best candidate for law enforcement career prospects?
    4) The course at Birmingham City university is the most relevant to what I want to pursue career wise, however it's no-where near on the league tables my current uni or new choices. Is reputation more important than course content?
    Thanks a bunch!...
    1) You need to email admissions and see if the universities still have places. No-one else can tell you.
    Can't answer 2 I'm afraid. Answer to 3 & 4= what matters most = work experience and soft & hard skills. I'm not sure how many law enforcement type jobs there are though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.