Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been given a conditional offer from Plymouth University and have chosen it as my firm. What's Plymouth got to offer like clubs, bars etc. The nightlifes atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ollie_boii)
    I've been given a conditional offer from Plymouth University and have chosen it as my firm. What's Plymouth got to offer like clubs, bars etc. The nightlifes atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, I've moved this to a more appropriate forum for you.

I hope you get some responses here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie_boii)
    I also have a conditional firm offer with Plymouth so am interested to see what this thread reveals. I'm definitely not qualified to answer the question fully but have developed an understanding from trips down to Plymouth that its defiantly not a void of nightlife. I may be wrong but i believe there is a place called the barbarian that is a pretty good spot for clubs. Just walking around the uni there's plenty of bar's and pubs on almost every other street.

As for the student union on campus, I'm not sure if you had a chance to get inside if you went to an open day but it's got pool tables! Pool tables + beer = yehh im making this my firm offer. So yeah, the SU looks like a potential candidate for being a pretty reliable nightlife hot-spot. Although there's no guarantee any of my predictions/ observations are even remotely accurate. So id love to hear from some current/past students also!

ReputationRep:
    Nightlife at Plymouth is amazing! I'll tell you why:
    Around the student village ( 2-5 min walk)
    Cuba (infamous bar/club open until 6am every day, this bar will be your life)
    Bang Bang (used to be garage, dnb etc but its revamping a new look)
    Air- best outside bar/cafe- cheapa dn is amazing for after uni drinks in the sun
    Caffeine club- cafe open 24 hours, expensive and they give you water in a cone so you cannot put it down. A fancy jakes.
    Jakes- kebaba shop that doesn't sell kebabs
    Bac Bar- £10 for a bottle of rum- flavoured
    SU- its pretty good - £1 entry fridays before 12
    Fresher- no idea but its right next to halls

Walkabout (20 mins walk)- free bus on Walkabout Wednesdays- never been but its the sports societies social thing

Oceana (20-30 walk)- free bus on mondays for Oce mondays! on wednesdays its Marjon night but its quids in! OCE OCE OCE OCE

Theres pubs and bars everywhere you look, gay bars on the barbican as well and lovely posh bars and pubs. Plymouth has the best nightlife, every day theres a new adventure

ReputationRep:
    Worst weed, im telling you from experience

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.