The Student Room Group

OCR Government and Politics Exam A2 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SparkleOwl
Wow, that's a lot.
I'm just doing the constitution, political parties, presidency and Supreme Court.

Yeah I'm not doing them in a lot of detail to be honest. There's so little time left and I'm stressing :frown:
Original post by patronus7
Yeah I'm not doing them in a lot of detail to be honest. There's so little time left and I'm stressing :frown:

The panic is real:frown:
The panic is real:frown:

Yep I know absolutely nothing
Yep I know absolutely nothing

It's fine, we've got this!
Just remember the basics!
Hurrah! One down, one more to go!
Hurrah! One down, one more to go!

Such a good feeling!! 3/4 through our politics A level :eek:

What questions did you answer? How'd did you find it?
Such a good feeling!! 3/4 through our politics A level :eek:

What questions did you answer? How'd did you find it?

I answered PG, Parties and Constitution. I thought it was ok, not amazing for what I focused my revision on unfortunately:s-smilie:
How did you find it?
I answered PG, Parties and Constitution. I thought it was ok, not amazing for what I focused my revision on unfortunately:s-smilie:
How did you find it?

It wasn't too bad! Managed to keep on time and answer everything! But then I have no idea. You still have thursday to smash it!!
I answered on Obama, nomination process and supreme court so completely different :tongue:
It wasn't too bad! Managed to keep on time and answer everything! But then I have no idea. You still have thursday to smash it!!
I answered on Obama, nomination process and supreme court so completely different :tongue:

Good good!:biggrin:
Which topics are you focusing on for Thursday?
Predictions for tomorrow anyone?
Anyone do F855 today and think it was horrible? The wording of the questions was so weird compared to the usual way they ask.
Original post by charlie8porter
Anyone do F855 today and think it was horrible? The wording of the questions was so weird compared to the usual way they ask.

That was horrendous. I thought I was super prepared for that exam, but the wording of those questions ruined me:frown:
That was horrendous. I thought I was super prepared for that exam, but the wording of those questions ruined me:frown:

I did the 1st one assuming it was just a voting behaviour question that wanted a comparison between long and short term factors. And the second but it was too much for one question, asking about parties and pressure groups.
I did the 1st one assuming it was just a voting behaviour question that wanted a comparison between long and short term factors. And the second but it was too much for one question, asking about parties and pressure groups.

I regret my choices. I did the party/pg one and the one on second chambers. I revised pressure groups and the constitution in most detail, but they didn't apply too well to those questions. I should have done the questions on voting behaviour and party systems. :frown:
Reply 34

How important is your reference to eu? Ive selt taught this topic
Reply 35
I regret my choices. I did the party/pg one and the one on second chambers. I revised pressure groups and the constitution in most detail, but they didn't apply too well to those questions. I should have done the questions on voting behaviour and party systems. :frown:

Same! i did party and pg and chambers my structure was basically this
party pg

party leadership in US and UK
membership of parties compared to pressure groups (used israel and germany PG examples)
funding of pg and parties and importance of money in us politics
control PGs have over party

and then for chamers
constitution affects the type of changers, for example a written consitutuon will usually have two legislative chambers in order to adequerly protect the C
seperation of powers is clearer in two legislative chambers, clearer sep of powers in US compared to uk and israel
Israel has success with one chamber
second chaimbers are valuable checking mechanisms
and finally they allow for more representation

i only revised constitution parties and PGs but i think my legislature answer went well because the A* student in my class answered it same well

its just our class has self taught this part because our teacher left the college
Original post by Jory
Same! i did party and pg and chambers my structure was basically this
party pg

party leadership in US and UK
membership of parties compared to pressure groups (used israel and germany PG examples)
funding of pg and parties and importance of money in us politics
control PGs have over party

and then for chamers
constitution affects the type of changers, for example a written consitutuon will usually have two legislative chambers in order to adequerly protect the C
seperation of powers is clearer in two legislative chambers, clearer sep of powers in US compared to uk and israel
Israel has success with one chamber
second chaimbers are valuable checking mechanisms
and finally they allow for more representation

i only revised constitution parties and PGs but i think my legislature answer went well because the A* student in my class answered it same well

its just our class has self taught this part because our teacher left the college

I hope it's gone well for you!
Unfortunately I've not been as lucky:s-smilie:
Reply 37
I hope it's gone well for you!
Unfortunately I've not been as lucky:s-smilie:

well im not sure if it has, how did yours go????
I did the volatility essay and the party/pg essay. I quite liked the paper but i think i was just lucky because the topics i'd revised most came up!
Fingers crossed everyone's done well
Reply 39
Original post by che-mystery
I did the volatility essay and the party/pg essay. I quite liked the paper but i think i was just lucky because the topics i'd revised most came up!
Fingers crossed everyone's done well

What did you write for PG/P?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending