The Student Room Group

I used K-seal and now I'm having problems with my coolant, please help

I had a chemical test done on coolant as loosing about 1 cup full of water per week and it revealed bad head gasket.
As there are no other symptoms we are thinking maybe there were old contaminants left from the last time the head gasket had gone

A friend said he believed the carpet was damp on the foot well and said the lost water was heater matrix leak, so I put some K-seal in and as soon as I put it in my water was empty within 15 minutes and I have been topping it several times from empty since, whereas it was only loosing 1 cup a week now after using k-seal It seems I have to refill it completely every day as the bottle looks empty.
I noticed when the engine is on and hot that no water is in the header tank when you check from cold there water in the tank and this is since using k -seal ?

I've gone from only topping up about 1 cup full a week to completely refilling every day since using k-seal
any ideas ??
main thing I want to know is, why when the engine is on can no water being seen from the coolant bottle but once engine has been switched off and is cold then you can see some water in the coolant bottle, as this si after suing k -seal. why ?

edit : I've checked the thermostat and it's working fine, so that is not the problem
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
K seal blocks tiny holes.
It probably blocked a up something it wasn't supposed to like a gallary in the heater matrix which created extra pressure on and enlarged a pre-existing hole elsewhere.

It's basically snake oil.

Find your leak, fix it and learn from the experience. "magic in a bottle" doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Quick Reply

Latest