Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Testing fertility of your partner? watch

ReputationRep:
    Before you marry someone or get more serious would you want to be tested to make sure you can both have children or would you do it without the testing and just hope for the best?

ReputationRep:
    no i wouldnt lol, if worse came to worse and we couldnt naturally have kids ad turn to adoption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    no i wouldnt lol, if worse came to worse and we couldnt naturally have kids ad turn to adoption.
    There is little point getting married or more serious if you can't have children of your own though. Though I don't have a problem with adoption. People who live near me have been unable to have children and it doesn't look right to see them, married and without a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    There is little point getting married or more serious if you can't have children of your own though. Though I don't have a problem with adoption. People who live near me have been unable to have children and it doesn't look right to see them, married and without a child.
    theres a difference between not wanting to have kids and not being able to.

ReputationRep:
    Don't imagine this is the norm. And with women quite a tricky task. You'd have to get your prospective wife to get pregnant with another guy to check it out. And dump her after 6 month of trying if she doesn't fall pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    theres a difference between not wanting to have kids and not being able to.
    Ah, so you don't wish to have children then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Don't imagine this is the norm. And with women quite a tricky task. You'd have to get your prospective wife to get pregnant with another guy to check it out. And dump her after 6 month of trying if she doesn't fall pregnant.
    Go away. Tell him Hyacinth Bucket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    People get married because they love each other - whether they'll have a children depends on many more factors that just being able too. This logic is only for irresponsible parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    Ah, so you don't wish to have children then.
    i do lol, i love babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    People get married because they love each other - whether they'll have a children depends on many more factors that just being able too. This logic is only for irresponsible parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see any point getting married to someone if you can't have children. May as well save the money and not get married. Why it is irresponsible to see if you can have children or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i do lol, i love babies
    So what are you saying then?

ReputationRep:
    The solution is quite simple. Get her up the duff before you marry her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    I don't see any point getting married to someone if you can't have children. May as well save the money and not get married. Why it is irresponsible to see if you can have children or not?
    Why do you have to get married.to have children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    By that logic, why get married when you can just have children without getting married?

It's not irresponsible to see - what's irresponsible is thinking that just because you can have a child you should. This is what overpopulates the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You literally get home fertility kits so yes I would.

*If* you're already in mad love I doubt it makes a different.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Testing for fertility isn't an exact science as there's so many factors involved so I don't know how you d plan on checking

ReputationRep:
    Who does this?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    This is just weird. Just who would do this, unless you're told there's a chance you can't have children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You literally get home fertility kits so yes I would.

*If* you're already in mad love I doubt it makes a different.
    Thank for a helpful post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    The solution is quite simple. Get her up the duff before you marry her.
    Troll someone else. Tell him to leave Hyacinth Bucket

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.